User create ticket for another user from another queue

Moderator: crythias

nima0102
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4

User create ticket for another user from another queue

Post by nima0102 »

Hi
In our system we want, one users can create ticket for another user (not customer) from another department (queue). now we have to create ticket via "phone-ticket" because I did not find any solution for this purpose in OTRS!
But my problem is, when users create ticket, they have to fill out "From" field with one E-mail address!! our need is, this filed is to fill out with E-mail address of loged user by system without possibility change!
Is there any solution for our need?

Thanks in advance
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: User create ticket for another user from another queue

Post by crythias »

From should be the Customer of the ticket. It can change if someone changes the customer. What you're asking (if I understand it) is that the from of a ticket is the Agent who's logged in without possibility to change that. That isn't the intent of how OTRS works. In fact, in order for what you're requesting to happen, you'd have to use the customer side of OTRS to submit tickets.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
nima0102
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4

Post by nima0102 »

Thanks for your reply
Is there anyway to modify source code of OTRS to justify our need??
Another question:
Does OTRS notify owner or creator of ticket if someone add note to that ticket??

Thanks in advance
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

I suppose there could be a way to modify the source code, to get what you need, but your choices are self-identify manually or use the customer side. Or just email tickets. Hint: if you want a specific queue, use an alias email address on your main OTRS inbound email account queuename@domain or use a postmasterfilter for Body #queue queuename.

Note notifications may need to be generated from Notification (Event).
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask