iPhone

Moderator: crythias

roadkill
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

iPhone

Post by roadkill »

I installed OTRS 2.4.7 and it appears to be working ok. I can access it on the server or from the workstations on the LAN. I installed the iPhone Handle 0.93 and loaded the iPhone app. from the iTunes App store. When I try to connect to the OTRS server from the iPhone, I keep getting an initialization error. The error message says the server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration.

Any ideas?
Cachoo
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.2.3

Re: iPhone

Post by Cachoo »

restart your apache service, that helped me
OTRS: 3.2.3
Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS
MySQL 5.1.61
Mee
Znuny newbie

Post by Mee »

Where did you find iPhone Handle 0.93 for the OTRS?
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Post by jojo »

You can install it via Package Manager
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com
fbobraga
Znuny newbie

Post by fbobraga »

roadkill wrote:I installed OTRS 2.4.7 and it appears to be working ok. I can access it on the server or from the workstations on the LAN. I installed the iPhone Handle 0.93 and loaded the iPhone app. from the iTunes App store. When I try to connect to the OTRS server from the iPhone, I keep getting an initialization error. The error message says the server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration.

Any ideas?
it may help, from the mail list:
Hi all,

I’m running OTRS 2.4.7 on Windows Server 2003 SP2 with the customer back end pointing to an LDAP directory on Active Directory. Everything was working fine but when I installed the iPhoneHandle package (iPhoneHandle-0.9.4.opm via the OTS interface) all I could get (from the iPhone or a normal browser) was a 500 error. In the Apache error.log file I got;

[Tue Aug 10 09:32:19 2010] [error] [client nn.nn.nn.nn] (OS 3)The system cannot find the path specified. : couldn't create child process: 720003: json.pl
[Tue Aug 10 09:32:19 2010] [error] [client nn.nn.nn.nn] (OS 3)The system cannot find the path specified. : couldn't spawn child process: C:/Program Files/OTRS/OTRS/bin/cgi-bin/json.pl

I checked the package and it was all showing as status OK in the package manager, I checked and the file c:\Program Files\otrs\otrs\bin\cgi-bin\json.pl exists, so assumed it was something other than the file just not being there. I checked json.pl and the first line pointing to perl was #!/usr/bin/perl -w. I compared it to my index.pl and substituted the line from there;

#!C:/PROGRA~1/OTRS/StrawberryPerl/perl/bin/perl.exe –w

.. and now everything is working fine.

I might have been dumb not to check this first, but just in case anyone else had the error I thought I’d post it up as I’m sure everyone’s dying to get the iPhone app up and working!

Regards
--
Richard Bartlett (Computer Officer)
University of Cambridge Institute of Continuing Education
Evaluation/pilot: OTRS 2.4.7 on Linux (CentOS 5.4) with MySQL database connected to an Active Directory for Agents and Customers.
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Post by jojo »

Roadkill, please fill your signature with OTRS Version, Operating System and installed modules. The described error from the mailing list will only occur on Windows Installations without mod_perl
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com