Custom Ticket based on Department?

Moderator: crythias

quietas
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: NoneYet

Custom Ticket based on Department?

Post by quietas »

I've been looking for a ticketing system which is able to present the user with a choice of departments (IT, HR, Payroll, ...) and then based on that choice present them with a list of fields specific to the department they chose. Each would have different dropdowns to choose from and such.

Can OTRS do something like this? The documentation and demo were not clear.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Custom Ticket based on Department?

Post by crythias »

Not without a significant amount of programming changes, no. In my case, I've set up my own front-end forms for specific departments and let my users go to the one that appeals to them. Obviously, if you have a form that adjusts to the department, that's acceptable as well. Anything that makes emails can be sent to and make new tickets with OTRS.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
fbobraga
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

Post by fbobraga »

here I use the CustomerID to identify it, by mapping the LDAP field department to it - but it's only suitable to my case because there is only one Company involved: it's a tech support from our company - all "customers" are our employees :P
Evaluation/pilot: OTRS 2.4.7 on Linux (CentOS 5.4) with MySQL database connected to an Active Directory for Agents and Customers.
aapink1209
Znuny newbie

Post by aapink1209 »

Dear fbobraga,

I noticed you do the same thing as us in linking the department from LDAP to customerid. We just recently did this change and now were finding a big issue with that.

There is a "open tickets" link in the new ticket screen or in other places that display the customer. It shows how many open tickets that customer has. Well because it looks at customerid, and many people can have the same customerid (department) it shows open tickets for everyone in that department which then makes it really difficult to see if that user already has an open ticket.

Have you found an issue with this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aapink1209
Znuny newbie

Post by aapink1209 »

Forgot to mention that the reason we mapped department to customerid is to set up the company feature which directly links to customerid.
fbobraga
Znuny newbie

Post by fbobraga »

aapink1209 wrote:(...) it shows open tickets for everyone in that department which then makes it really difficult to see if that user already has an open ticket.

Have you found an issue with this?
It (grouping tickets by department) is expected here
Evaluation/pilot: OTRS 2.4.7 on Linux (CentOS 5.4) with MySQL database connected to an Active Directory for Agents and Customers.
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Post by jojo »

If you scroll down in the phone ticket after assigning the customer you'll find the Ticket List which might also help to find open tickets
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com