Solved: Refuse Ticket Re-open

Moderator: crythias

RBehr
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.0.7
Company: Impact

Solved: Refuse Ticket Re-open

Post by RBehr »

A closed ticket re-opens when it receives an e-mail. Is it possible to set a maximum age for a ticket such that a ticket which has been closed for, say, six months, will not re-open but instead send an automatic response back to the customer asking them to contact the correct e-mail address?
Last edited by RBehr on 29 Feb 2012, 12:05, edited 1 time in total.
Rod Behr
Software Design Manager and Database Analyst | Impact Audiovisual | London
Installation: OTRS 3.0.7, Apache 2, Strawberry Perl 5 on Ubuntu 10.04.3 Server with separate MySQL Server, also on Ubuntu 10.04.3
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Refuse Ticket Re-open

Post by crythias »

After all the times I've said to use "pending autoclose", it occurs to me that another option is to change the queue after 6 months to one that rejects tickets.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
RBehr
Znuny expert

Post by RBehr »

Or, on that theme, could a GenericAgent job be set based on the closed date? The job could move the ticket to the "Closed" queue. Would that be possible?
Rod Behr
Installation: OTRS 3.0.7, Apache 2, Strawberry Perl 5 on Ubuntu 10.04.3 Server with separate MySQL Server, also on Ubuntu 10.04.3
crythias

Post by crythias »

That generic agent move is exactly what I was thinking. It only happens once per day, but the only down side that I can see is that it'll modify the "last changed" date (not the "when closed", but "last changed") simply because of logging when the move occurred.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
RBehr
Znuny expert

Post by RBehr »

So long as "when closed" remains constant.

Incidentally, when a ticket is re-opened, what happens to the closed date?
Rod Behr
crythias

Post by crythias »

I believe closed is last time the ticket was marked closed, regardless of what else has happened to the ticket. that means a reopened and reclosed<-- ticket could possibly take 6 months to close.
RBehr
Znuny expert

Post by RBehr »

Yeah - that's what I was thinking. Okay, I think I have enough to be getting on with. Many thanks for the assist.
Rod Behr