Ticket never locks

Moderator: crythias

Baustin
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0

Ticket never locks

Post by Baustin »

Hi Guys,

When I click on a ticket and reply, I dont want to lock the ticket.

Is it possible to set so that when I reply the ticket is still open and available for someone else to reply if I dont close the ticket?
OTRS 3.0.7 installed on Linux. Agents access it, customers emails us.
Lorenzo_Marschall
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 2.4 / 3.x
Company: bmsoft information technologies GmbH

Re: Ticket never locks

Post by Lorenzo_Marschall »

The locking is an essential feature of OTRS and any helpdesk system. Just call it "in process" or whatever. In general it makes no sense to allow others to work on a ticket when you are sending an email to your customer, you call him bye phone, make an external note etc.

If you cancel your email or phone call, you can unlock the ticket immediately, so others can process it.

If you have a very special scenario, where you're convinced you need this feature, please provide your scenario, so we might give you a hint, how to solve it.

HTH.
OTRS + ITSM + PostgreSQL @ Debian
Baustin
Znuny newbie

Post by Baustin »

I do think we definitely need the process.

We run a 24/ 7 operation. We have a good number of Agents that will be using OTRS about 12. Each Agent will deal with alot of tickets every day, however once a ticket is opened it stays open for ususally about 2/3 days, as we have to communicate with different parties.

If one person replies to a lot of tickets, and is not in work for 2 days, we can not edit their tickets which is essential we do.
chetannagaonkar
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 3.2

Post by chetannagaonkar »

In that case, you can either ask the person to unlock the ticket or set unlock automatically. Hope that helps?

Thanks.
Best Regards
Chetan
Best Regards
Chetan
OTRS 3.06
ITSM 3.1
MySQL
Windows 7 Ultimate
Baustin
Znuny newbie

Post by Baustin »

chetannagaonkar wrote:In that case, you can either ask the person to unlock the ticket or set unlock automatically. Hope that helps?

Thanks.
Best Regards
Chetan
Thanks alot, so the manual unlock has crossed my mind. However I think this leaves too much room for human error. If someone forgets to unlock the ticket, then then no action can be taken until they come back.

I think the automatic unlock could be what I need, I take it it is like the generic agent, that it can only run every 10 minutes or can it run every 1 minute?
chetannagaonkar
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 3.2

Post by chetannagaonkar »

That's right. You don't need to use generic agent. However, ensure that the specific cron job is running. If you set the time in queue configuration, that should suffice.
Best Regards
Chetan
OTRS 3.06
ITSM 3.1
MySQL
Windows 7 Ultimate