Using OTRS Session to relay login for SSO.

Moderator: crythias

crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Using OTRS Session to relay login for SSO.

Post by crythias »

This is ... probably nothing that should work.

Code: Select all

select session_id, data_key, data_value from sessions where Data_Key="UserLogin" or Data_Key="UserType" order by session_id
The thought is to pass the session ID encrypted (POST) to the other website, then decrypt the session ID, retrieve the UserLogin based upon the session id. (SQL query).

UserType tells us either Customer or User.

The idea is that if we trust that OTRS has established a session, (and who is telling us what the session_id is) then we should also trust who OTRS has authenticated so tell us who that user is. Given that, we have pass-through SSO with OTRS as auth.

Anyone have any rebuttal to this? The external replay attacks can be somewhat mitigated if the sender isn't known, and the sender can't be appropriately spoofed.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Using OTRS Session to relay login for SSO.

Post by root »

Hi,

Why not using instead of a SQL query the GenericInterface operation SessionGet? A single request and all data is returned. I just think for minutes why everybody is able to request details of a session without authentication...

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

Here's my issue, and maybe you have an idea...

I have php scripts/web pages (on the same server?) that I'd love to support by authenticating with the current logged in OTRS user. So ... I guess I could wrap them in perl or I'll want to siphon API through GenericInterface SessionGet. I just need to build GenericInterface from PHP.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Post by root »

crythias wrote: 14 May 2020, 23:39 Here's my issue, and maybe you have an idea...

I have php scripts/web pages (on the same server?) that I'd love to support by authenticating with the current logged in OTRS user. So ... I guess I could wrap them in perl or I'll want to siphon API through GenericInterface SessionGet. I just need to build GenericInterface from PHP.
Hi,

Here's an example client in PHP: https://github.com/rkaldung/otrs-gi-res ... client.php

Modify https://github.com/rkaldung/otrs-gi-res ... nt.php#L24 to execute a GET request to the SessionGet URL to get all the session data.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?