Moderator: crythias

konak0508
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS 2.2.5
Company: CNSI

Make OTRS Read only for Customers

Post by konak0508 »

Hi OTRS team,

We are moving away to a new OTRS machine and I have a requirement for making OTRS Read only for Customers ( 2 CUSTOMER Company accounts) for archiving purposes for at least 6 months. Do we have any way to achieve this?

Thank you
Karthik
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Make OTRS Read only for Customers

Post by root »

Hello,

Shouldn't be too hard to achieve. Is this your OTRS 2.2.5 system?

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
konak0508
Znuny newbie

Post by konak0508 »

Yes Roy, it is 2.2.5 version. Thanks for your response.

Karthik
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Post by jojo »

2.2.5 really?

Why do companies running software which is not maintained since more then 10 years, has loads of known security issues and even can not e operated on maintained operating systems?

Thats like driving a 80 year old car whith broken head lights and roken brakes which had not een checked for the last 50 years and not using the seatbbelts...
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com
konak0508
Znuny newbie

Post by konak0508 »

Yes Roy. That's my concern too. They don't want to upgrade it as they are looking into other tools yet they want to keep this as read-only copy for customers and employees for at least several months. Its very challenging thing to migrate it and yet as you said maintaining the security and vulnerabilities is impossible.

Now my challenge is if i can make it Read-only for Customers. I thought of doing individually to give RO permission for all queues but there are so many customers users. But wanted to see if there is a better way to accomplish this.

-Karthik
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

According to the doc ... you should be able to put an ACL (in Config.pm) such that the modify Actions are PossibleNot or Possible with a flag of 0.
Alternative to that you may choose to disable the modification Actions in SysConfig. either by disabling (Valid=0/unchecking) the module for CustomerTicketMessage/CustomerTicketViewNew or changing the Group that has permissions for those modules.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Post by root »

crythias wrote: 22 Oct 2020, 16:42 According to the doc ... you should be able to put an ACL (in Config.pm) such that the modify Actions are PossibleNot or Possible with a flag of 0.
Alternative to that you may choose to disable the modification Actions in SysConfig. either by disabling (Valid=0/unchecking) the module for CustomerTicketMessage/CustomerTicketViewNew or changing the Group that has permissions for those modules.
I don't think this helps. CustomerTicketMessage is needed to view the tickets. I think the template (.dtl) needs to be modified and th reply part removed.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
konak0508
Znuny newbie

Post by konak0508 »

I only see the below 3 sections for Customer Tickets. Can i make changes to all these 3 so they cannot create new tickets?

Frontend::Customer::Ticket::ViewNew
Frontend::Customer::Ticket::ViewSearch
Frontend::Customer::Ticket::ViewZoom

-Karthik