How to automate Reports con OTRS 6.0.21

Moderator: crythias

badrider306
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.21

How to automate Reports con OTRS 6.0.21

Post by badrider306 »

Hi guys,

I hace a OTRS 6.0.21 version server on CentOS 7 installed.

All is working good.

I have been searching how to automate the reports. I mean, I want to create a job that creates a specific report and send it to some emails (Managers, etc).

I found this: viewtopic.php?t=21845

But, in my case, the file otrs.GenerateStats.pl doesnt exist in my setup:

Is there another way to do that?.

Oh! Almost forget it, my setup is Comunnity Version.

Thanks a lot in advance.
zzz
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: All
Company: Efflux GmbH

Re: How to automate Reports con OTRS 6.0.21

Post by zzz »

Hello,

Check this thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=37332
It's in German but should help just by looking at the code.

Tl;dr: Use /opt/otrs/bin/otrs.Console.pl Maint::Stats::Generate instead.

— Emin
Professional OTRS, Znuny & OTOBO services: efflux.de | efflux.de/en/

Free and premium add-ons: German | English
badrider306
Znuny newbie

Post by badrider306 »

zzz wrote: 11 Nov 2020, 17:48
Thank you so much. I am checking that. I'll be here again with newswith news soon.
badrider306
Znuny newbie

Post by badrider306 »

Thank so much @zzz

That was the correct command to send the reports to email.

Here a evidence:

Thank also for the really fast anwser. :)

Bye guys
otrsUser42
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.18

Post by otrsUser42 »

Good morning,
I have OTRS 6.0.18 and also want to automated sending reports from OTRS.
I used command similiar to this:

Code: Select all

/opt/otrs/bin/otrs.Console.pl Maint::Stats::Generate --number 10018 --format Excel --mail-sender MySenderMail@example.com --mail-recipient MySenderMail@example.com --mail-body "OTRS Report" 
but unfortunatelly I receive this:

Code: Select all

Generating statistic number 10018...
[Wed Jan 26 10:30:38 2022] otrs.Console.pl: cannot remove path when cwd is /tmp/TKarTFs7x7/_rels for /tmp/TKarTFs7x7:  at /usr/share/perl/5.24/File/Temp.pm line 1583.
Error: Can't cd to /root: Permission denied
I run this command as otrs user. Could you tell me what I'm doing wrong? Should I give otrs user access to root folder?
Thanks in advance.
reneeb
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: 6.0.x
Company: Perl-Services.de

Post by reneeb »

Does this error occur regularly? Can you check if the error occurs when you select an other format? Do you have installed an addon for proper Excel support?
Perl / Znuny development: http://perl-services.de
Free Znuny add ons from the community: http://opar.perl-services.de
Commercial add ons: http://feature-addons.de
otrsUser42
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.18

Post by otrsUser42 »

I changed format from Excel to CSV and now everything works like a charm, thank you for this very fast help.
chefski27
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.30
Company: PayPal

Post by chefski27 »

reneeb wrote: 26 Jan 2022, 17:04 Does this error occur regularly? Can you check if the error occurs when you select an other format? Do you have installed an addon for proper Excel support?
I get the same error when trying to have OTRS generate an Excel formatted stat file:
[Wed Aug 17 19:39:44 2022] otrs.Console.pl: cannot remove path when cwd is /tmp/gkMYsk3sM_/_rels for /tmp/gkMYsk3sM_: at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/File/Temp.pm line 1615.

I only get the error when running the command to generate Excel, it works when I format as CSV. If it's not possible to clear this error in console, is there no way to automate the Excel send out generated through the UI using cron? I can generate an Excel file manually with the stats I need, but would much prefer having an Excel file generated and sent out automatically. Is there a setting in the UI that will automate report send out via email so it doesn't come in a PDF (only Print is enabled regardless of the Output I select in the statistic)?
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Post by root »

chefski27 wrote: 17 Aug 2022, 23:06
reneeb wrote: 26 Jan 2022, 17:04 Does this error occur regularly? Can you check if the error occurs when you select an other format? Do you have installed an addon for proper Excel support?
I get the same error when trying to have OTRS generate an Excel formatted stat file:
[Wed Aug 17 19:39:44 2022] otrs.Console.pl: cannot remove path when cwd is /tmp/gkMYsk3sM_/_rels for /tmp/gkMYsk3sM_: at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/File/Temp.pm line 1615.

I only get the error when running the command to generate Excel, it works when I format as CSV. If it's not possible to clear this error in console, is there no way to automate the Excel send out generated through the UI using cron? I can generate an Excel file manually with the stats I need, but would much prefer having an Excel file generated and sent out automatically. Is there a setting in the UI that will automate report send out via email so it doesn't come in a PDF (only Print is enabled regardless of the Output I select in the statistic)?
Hi,

I haven't seen this issue for a long time. Is 6.0.16 really your current version? And which OS do you use?

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?