Moderator: crythias

root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Community Edition

Post by root »

Dear community,

I'd like to let you know that security and bug fixes for version 6 of the Community Edition will be available. Znuny will provide them, for details see https://www.znuny.org/why

- root
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
kevindebie
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.5.x

Re: Community Edition

Post by kevindebie »

It's great Znuny will continue support for this in the near future!

Two questions pop-up in my head:

- Will Znuny also provide RPM installer packages for RHEL based systems like OTRS did?
- Does the rebranding also affect interpretation/processing of x-otrs mailheaders and otrs config.pm values or will it continue to "read" them?
Whoopsiedoodle.
root
Administrator

Post by root »

Hi Kevin,
kevindebie wrote: 06 Jan 2021, 17:36 - Will Znuny also provide RPM installer packages for RHEL based systems like OTRS did?
Yes, there will be RPMs for RHEL based systems.
kevindebie wrote: 06 Jan 2021, 17:36 - Does the rebranding also affect interpretation/processing of x-otrs mailheaders and otrs config.pm values or will it continue to "read" them?
AFAIK today this is nothing that will change. We'd like to provide security and bug fixes right at the moment. It is no help to anybody if we change this.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

jbaptiste
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 6.0.x

Post by jbaptiste »

This was something we all knew was coming and we were waiting for an official communication from xxx, this was it.

It is awesome to see Znuny step up and continue the development of the community version, I will release a znuny docker image too as soon as I can, as now there is little point for me to continue maintaining OTRS community images if there's not going to be any new versions in the future.
Want to run OTRS on docker ? checkout my OTRS on docker HOWTO | Project's github page
root
Administrator

Post by root »

jbaptiste wrote: 18 Jan 2021, 18:47 This was something we all knew was coming and we were waiting for an official communication from xxx, this was it.

It is awesome to see Znuny step up and continue the development of the community version, I will release a znuny docker image too as soon as I can, as now there is little point for me to continue maintaining OTRS community images if there's not going to be any new versions in the future.
Hello jbaptiste,

Let me know if you need assistance, I'm glad to help. Just pm me.

- Roy

jbaptiste
Znuny advanced

Post by jbaptiste »

root wrote: 18 Jan 2021, 19:00 Hello jbaptiste,

Let me know if you need assistance, I'm glad to help. Just pm me.

- Roy
I'll surely do it.
Want to run OTRS on docker ? checkout my OTRS on docker HOWTO | Project's github page
jbaptiste
Znuny advanced

Post by jbaptiste »

Where are the RPM packages ?
root
Administrator

Post by root »

jbaptiste wrote: 18 Jan 2021, 22:40 Where are the RPM packages ?
Hi,

With the upcoming release on 1/27/2021 the known packages (.tar.gz, .tar.bz2, .zip, and RPMs) will be made available on a download page.

- Roy

mic
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.30

Post by mic »

Hello.

I wasn't here for a while as my OTRS CE 6.x works fine for couple of years.
But now the situation was changed as OTRS CE is EOL (even if my OTRS still works fine ;) )

I have only one question - do I have to change something (I mean update some things) to use Znuny instead OTRS CE ?
Is this update (OTRS -> ZNUNY) will be "transparent" for whole exisiting environment?

Thank you in advance for replies.
Cheers!
root
Administrator

Post by root »

mic wrote: 04 Feb 2021, 10:14 I have only one question - do I have to change something (I mean update some things) to use Znuny instead OTRS CE ?
Is this update (OTRS -> ZNUNY) will be "transparent" for whole exisiting environment?
Hi,

Yes it is. The RPMs replace existing ones and the only difference when using the archive installation with tar.gz etc is that the extracted folder is not called otrs-x-y-z but znuny-x-y-z

What kind of installation do you use?

- Roy

jbaptiste
Znuny advanced

Post by jbaptiste »

jbaptiste wrote: 18 Jan 2021, 18:47 This was something we all knew was coming and we were waiting for an official communication from xxx, this was it.

Since yesterday juanluisbaptiste/otrs is using the znuny release 6.0.33. No migration steps needed, just update your containers to that version or to the latest tag.