process approval

Moderator: crythias

tune6688
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.030

process approval

Post by tune6688 »

Dear all
I heard that it is possible to make approval in the running process by just sending an email with a link to the approver, and update the approval result to the process flow. But I did not find any effective setting method for this.

Anyone know how to do it? Thanks in advance!
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: process approval

Post by root »

Hi,

I don't know how this should work with a plain Znuny/Community Edition. With a commercial add-on is it possible.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
skullz
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: LTS and Features

Post by skullz »

If you means this, then no by default.
- Approval user received email with link
- then click approval link
- by some magic, process approved.

If you mean this, then perhaps yes.
- Approval user received email with link (this link is a OTRS process activity dialog (approval screen))
- Approval user click on the link (need to login to OTRS first)
- Approval user click Approved (dynamic field).

* this is by expectation during the current activity, the approval user is the owner/responsible.
wurzel
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: x.x.x

Post by wurzel »

Hi,

use ticket notification tags + postmaster filter to achieve your goal. I did it with approve, deny and more.
Approver receives a mail, responses with pre-defined values and done.

It works fine.

regards
Flo
OTRS 8 SILVER (Prod)
OTRS 8 auf Debian 11 (Test)
Znuny 7.x latest version testing auf Debian 11

-- Ich beantworte keine Forums-Fragen PN - No PN please

I won't answer to unfriendly users any more. A greeting and regards are just polite.
tune6688
Znuny newbie

Post by tune6688 »

Thank you all for your help! I'll try it,thank you again!
tune6688
Znuny newbie

Post by tune6688 »

skullz wrote: 12 Mar 2021, 16:54 If you means this, then no by default.
- Approval user received email with link
- then click approval link
- by some magic, process approved.

If you mean this, then perhaps yes.
- Approval user received email with link (this link is a OTRS process activity dialog (approval screen))
- Approval user click on the link (need to login to OTRS first)
- Approval user click Approved (dynamic field).

* this is by expectation during the current activity, the approval user is the owner/responsible.
Your help was very much appreciated!
Would you please tell me how this is done. "Approval user received email with link (this link is a OTRS process activity dialog (approval screen))"
Thanks in advance!
tune6688
Znuny newbie

Post by tune6688 »

Your help would be greatly appreciated!
I don't know how this is done. "Approval user received email with link (this link is a OTRS process activity dialog (approval screen))"
I try and try, but I'll never get it!

Thanks in advance!
wurzel
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: x.x.x

Post by wurzel »

Hi,

show your effort and config until now and we can check

Flo
OTRS 8 SILVER (Prod)
OTRS 8 auf Debian 11 (Test)
Znuny 7.x latest version testing auf Debian 11

-- Ich beantworte keine Forums-Fragen PN - No PN please

I won't answer to unfriendly users any more. A greeting and regards are just polite.
skullz
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: LTS and Features

Post by skullz »

tune6688 wrote: 13 Mar 2021, 18:42 Your help would be greatly appreciated!
I don't know how this is done. "Approval user received email with link (this link is a OTRS process activity dialog (approval screen))"

Thanks in advance!
Well, for this approval workflow aka Activity, of course you gonna have ActivityDialog.
For every activity dialog, it has their own ID. you can refer the process activity dialog screen url to get their id

In email to approval user, you have to specify which process and activity dialog. (ProcessEntityID, ActivityDialogEntityID)

Code: Select all

APPROVAL DECISION:  <OTRS_CONFIG_HttpType>://<OTRS_CONFIG_FQDN>/<OTRS_CONFIG_ScriptAlias>index.pl?Action=AgentTicketProcess;Subaction=DisplayActivityDialog;TicketID=<OTRS_TICKET_TicketID>;ProcessEntityID=XXXXXX;ActivityDialogEntityID=YYYYY
good luck
tune6688
Znuny newbie

Post by tune6688 »

skullz wrote: 14 Mar 2021, 10:46

Thanks in advance!
Well, for this approval workflow aka Activity, of course you gonna have ActivityDialog.
For every activity dialog, it has their own ID. you can refer the process activity dialog screen url to get their id

In email to approval user, you have to specify which process and activity dialog. (ProcessEntityID, ActivityDialogEntityID)

APPROVAL DECISION:  <OTRS_CONFIG_HttpType>://<OTRS_CONFIG_FQDN>/<OTRS_CONFIG_ScriptAlias>index.pl?Action=AgentTicketProcess;Subaction=DisplayActivityDialog;TicketID=<OTRS_TICKET_TicketID>;ProcessEntityID=XXXXXX;ActivityDialogEntityID=YYYYY
good luck
Thank you very much for your help again!
My current question is how do I trigger a Send Mail Notification? I try to via ticket Notification Management-Add Notification-events-,but I don't know which trigger to choose.
Can you teach me something?
I'm much obliged to you for helping us.
tune6688
Znuny newbie

Post by tune6688 »

skullz wrote: 14 Mar 2021, 10:46

Thanks in advance!

good luck
Dear
With the yours help, I got some progress.Thank you so much for your assistance.
Now I can receive email notifications.click the link in the email,when the logon screen appears"Insufficient Rights,Message: You need rw permissions!Back to the previous page.Go to dashboard!"

I login directly from the agent' address for approval ,it is normal.

Thank you for giving me some guidance!
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

Process tickets probably shouldn't announce what ProcessID and Activity ID are in it because it could change or be a vector for exploitation.

Most Process tickets should be at the Process/Activity relevant to the current interactor's need for the ticket at the time the interactor is involved.

Process tickets by default are shown to be "Serial" (one after another) in nature. This means as Activity Dialogs progress, the Owner should be updated (if change is needed) during a TicketOwner Transition Action, which means the ticket number will already have the process and activity ID relevant to the the new Owner. This is usually consistent with an approval process. An activity Dialog will accept/deny approval, Transitions/Transition Actions occur, and Activity advances to the the next Activity.

However, if a parallel action is desired, then the TicketCreate Transition Action (with a whole bunch of required fields, including the ActivityID and ProcessID of the new process, and LinkChild) can be created and sent to the relevant Ticket Owner. This "sub" ticket will be handled independently of flow of the Spawning Process Ticket, and the Activity Dialogs will flow appropriately.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask