Migrating from OTOBO

Moderator: crythias

kevindebie
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.5.x

Migrating from OTOBO

Post by kevindebie »

In the wake of OTRS dropping the community edition like a hot brick at the end of last year I had been looking into and deploying an alternative in the form of OTOBO.
It made a lot of sense at the time as it was already around before otrs dropped it's support and it's still extremely similiar to OTRS. And it indeed works just fine as is.

However I now want to migrate this instance to Znuny as this is what I broadly use to begin with and would rather just deal with one system.
Also because if the RPM support which makes things easier on a management/update side and OTOBO favors Docker which I don't currently use.

Anybody have any experience with this?
They should still be very much simliar.
Whoopsiedoodle.
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Migrating from OTOBO

Post by root »

Hello Kevin,

What I have seen when comparing the database schema (with Znuny 6.1) it should be not a big deal. Only you system configuration settings need to be applied manual and the table holding the groups has a different name and the character set/collation. Depending on your data changing this should not be a big deal. It's worth a try.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?