Modern Authentication

Moderator: crythias

Johannes
Znuny Version: All of them ^^
Company: Znuny|OTTERHUB

Modern Authentication

Post by Johannes »

Our team member Kai wrote a short article about the "modern auth" by Google and Microsoft.

Let us know if we missed something:
Blog Post

We updated the docs also, to reflect this.

Regards
Johannes
skullz
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: LTS and Features

Re: Modern Authentication

Post by skullz »

perfect..
martinv2
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.4.4
Company: PDV-Systeme GmbH

Post by martinv2 »

Hi!

An issue that we tripped over multiple times: at step 4, when requesting a new token, make sure you're logged into the correct O365 account (displayed above the "Permission requested" title). We have configured multiple O365 accounts that our Znuny system fetches mails from, and if you're logged into the wrong account, the authentification works, but fetching mails fails (when calling MailAccountFetch with --debug on the command line, the reply to the SELECT INBOX command is "User is authenticated but not connected". The system log only shows "Could not select").

HTH,
Martin
OTRS 6.4.4, Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS with MariaDB 10.3.37
FHDENIT
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.4.2

Post by FHDENIT »

martinv2 -> What we have done to be honest is that we have 1 account that have permission to all the O365 mailboxes we are fetching from instead of having different accounts that is possible as all the mailboxes are in the same tenant.
bfv
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.5.4

Post by bfv »

martinv2 wrote: 09 Jan 2023, 12:12 Hi!

An issue that we tripped over multiple times: at step 4, when requesting a new token, make sure you're logged into the correct O365 account (displayed above the "Permission requested" title).
Which is the 'correct' O365 account? I am faced with this issue currently, where dozens of individual mail accounts have to be able to log in via O365 but the OIDC authentication apparently only works for 1 user (the one I log in with when I request a new token in the Oauth configuration tab).