6.4 Crypt Perl modules

Moderator: crythias

jabuzzard
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.30
Company: University of Strathclyde

6.4 Crypt Perl modules

Post by jabuzzard »

In the upgrade procedure it says due to the integration of Znuny4OTRS-ExcelStats, please ensure the Crypt::JWT and Crypt::OpenSSL::X509 modules should be installed. The latter for the first.

However I am perplexed as it then says "optional, only when JSON web token support should be used", but why on earth would Excel need JSON web token support?

Are these really only necessary for some obscure Excel feature or are they really needed for something else? My main concern is that they are needed for OAuth2 support which is why I am upgrading. Ha didn't see that one coming, for an unpleasant surprise at the start of the month.
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: 6.4 Crypt Perl modules

Post by root »

Hi,

This is an error in the manual, both modules are only required for JWT authentication when using in web services.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
jabuzzard
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.30
Company: University of Strathclyde

Re: 6.4 Crypt Perl modules

Post by jabuzzard »

Well at least I am not losing it then. I have been struggling to get a Crypt::JWT RPM for RHEL8. I patched round some differences in the OpenSUSE spec file (commenting out a "%{perl_requires}" line and changing "BuildRequires: perl" to "BuildRequires: perl-interpreter") but the RPM build dies with

Code: Select all

+ cd Crypt-JWT-0.020
+ %perl_make_install
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.fVNn7m: line 39: fg: no job control
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.fVNn7m (%install)

RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.fVNn7m (%install)

But if it's not needed for OAuth2 with Microsoft365 then I will not persist with it.