Performance on form validation at AgentTicketFreeText

Moderator: crythias

sdlsystems
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.4

Performance on form validation at AgentTicketFreeText

Post by sdlsystems »

Hi All,

I have installed Znuny 6.4.2 and if i compare with my old OTRS 6.4 I have notticed that when I select a form option on a form field of Module###AgentTicketFreeText it is too slow on field validation.
When i chose "Ticket Tipe" them "Next stage", "Priority" and "Product" (its a dynamic field) stay on a load state for 2 or 3 seconds.
The same action on OTRS 6.4 was less than 1sec.
I'm traying to see what happend and i have seen with chrome DevTools that there is a network call to "index.pl?" from "https://xxxxxxxx.net/otrs-web/js/js-cac ... 4b906e0.js" that cause this delay.

Do you have any tip, or idea how i could avoid this? Any idea?

I suppouse that its web server response, but how i told you, with my OTRS 6.4 version i dont have this issue.

Thks for your help, any idea is welcome and happy new year!
sdlsystems
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.4

Re: Performance on form validation at AgentTicketFreeText

Post by sdlsystems »

Hello everyone and thanks for your help.

After days of research, I have come to the conclusion that the loss of performance is directly related to the connection to my LDAP server to get the data from the customers.

Both when using the "AgentTicketFreeText" form and the "AgentTicketQueue" view, Znuny connects to LDAP and causes a high CPU usage on it, delaying the result of the query it performs and causing the delay in displaying the result in znuny.

My question is if I can do something from znuny configuration to improve this behavior, put maybe a TTLCache time on LDAP queries? What can be misconfigured that affects this way the queries it performs in LDAP? Why does it perform these queries on the specified forms?

Thank you very much for your help, any idea will be welcome.
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Re: Performance on form validation at AgentTicketFreeText

Post by jojo »

Yes there is a Cache time which can be set. Please check Defaults.pm for more informations.
Additionally I suggest to enhance the performance and stability of your LDAP server as it does not seem to have enough resources
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com