Close tickets automatically by title

Moderator: crythias

Sylentium
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.4.4

Close tickets automatically by title

Post by Sylentium »

Hello Community,

I want to automatically close these tickets based on the title or certain words in the message.
Has anyone done this?

i've just took over the administration and management of znuny for my company and i am not that experienced with znuny so far, so sorry for that.
We use CheckMK/Nagios for the monitoring of our servers and for different reasons the monitoring automatically creates Tickets via Mail in znuny whenever a service gets marked as critical/warning and a second one when it's status get set to "ok" again.
In 90% of the cases the tickets are useless and can be closed immediately because the error resolves itself within seconds (e.g. a minimal network lag causes the server to appear unaivailable which immediately creates a ticket and a second one with the status "ok" a bit later).

since the tickets are not affiliated on any way because a new one is created every time, i'd need some kind of rule that somehow recognizes the two tickets of the same server and closes them IF the most recent ticket has the status "ok".
The Servername and the status are in the title and i was hoping that i might be able to use this somehow.

i can of course change some notification-settings in checkmk/nagios as well if needed.

The title looks like this:
Check_MK: "Servername"/Service OK -> WARN

the message itself looks like this:
Host: "Servername"
Alias: "Server-alias"
Address: 123.123.123.123
Event: DOWN -> UP
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Close tickets automatically by title

Post by root »

Hi,

I recommend using the SystemMonitoring add-on. This- Ro package has the mentioned feature.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
Sylentium
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.4.4

Re: Close tickets automatically by title

Post by Sylentium »

root wrote: 11 Apr 2023, 17:12 Hi,

I recommend using the SystemMonitoring add-on. This- Ro package has the mentioned feature.

- Roy
Hi Roy,

thanks for your quick answer.
As i just saw, my predecessor had installed the packet/module already but appearently it never got configured properly, except to retrieve and handle the tickets from nagios.

Just to be clear since i am really not experienced with znuny/otrs in any way:
I wanna use the "PostMaster::PreFilterModule###1-SystemMonitoring" which applies after the postmaster since i still want it in the correct folder before it gets closed... since i am directly on a productive system here, would you be so kind and double check my configuration from the attached screenshot?
Would this be it already? does it close both tickets as soon asthe status goes on green again?
Or is there any documentation what all the codes do/mean?
Screenshot 2023-04-13 125203.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.