Request for Info from real experts of OTS please

Moderator: crythias

formetx
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.3

Request for Info from real experts of OTS please

Post by formetx »

Hello everyone,

We use OTS in my company but I am not an expert in customising it...
I would like to know if I can customize/configure the software in such a way as to make a particular application that is not pure helpdesk, but based on the ticketing engine.

Is there anyone here who knows the system really well so that I can ask specific questions?
I'll start here to give some ideas of what I'm working on.
and thanks in advance to everyone!

1- is it possible to send an XML, text or other message (STMP not so much in this case) on a listening port of OTSR? I have a machine that generates events in the form of txt or XML file and I would like it to send them to OTS
2- from this event, would it be possible to analyze its content to identify different tags contained in it?
3- depending on the tags identified, I would then need to create a ticket in a queue that fits well with these tags
4- or have only one queue, but make sure that the agents only see the tickets with the tags that correspond to their own skills (sorting, in fact)

I don't know if this is complicated or feasible.
thank you in advance to who can enlighten me!

good to you!
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Request for Info from real experts of OTS please

Post by root »

Hi,

You can push that XML to the Generic Interface and create tickets based on it. You do the analyzing with XSLT and if you replace tags with the term services both other points are covered.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
formetx
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.3

Re: Request for Info from real experts of OTS please

Post by formetx »

:) it sounds good then to continue in this way and to try to use OTS for my application :)
than you very much Roy !