Error alert mail every 30 seconds

Moderator: crythias

FSF
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.37

Error alert mail every 30 seconds

Post by FSF »

Hello

A nasty surprise when I got back from vacation this morning: my znuny server sent me 20,000 emails in about 15 days for a simple problem with the DateTime::TimeZone module.

Here are the contents of the various e-mails

Code: Select all

OTRS Scheduler Daemon SystemConfigurationSyncManager: ConfigurationDeploySync
Loaded DateTime::TimeZone::Europe::Paris, which is from a different version (2023d) of the Olson database than this installation of DateTime::TimeZone (2023c).

OTRS Scheduler Daemon Cron: MailQueueSend
Loaded DateTime::TimeZone::Europe::Paris, which is from a different version (2023d) of the Olson database than this installation of DateTime::TimeZone (2023c).

OTRS Scheduler Daemon Cron: TicketPendingCheck

OTRS Scheduler Daemon Cron: EscalationCheck

OTRS Scheduler Daemon Cron: CalendarTicketCreate

The problem with the module was solved in 1 minute but, unfortunately, I haven't found the setting to tell the system to send me an e-mail every hour instead of every 30 seconds for this type of problem.

Can you help me?

Thank you in advance
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Error alert mail every 30 seconds

Post by root »

Hi,

This is not a problem with DateTime::TimeZone. You probably had updated the package tzdata. This package requires a restart of the web server and daemon because you changed a dependency of DateTime::TimeZone during the runtime.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
mjunghanns
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.1

Re: Error alert mail every 30 seconds

Post by mjunghanns »

We are facing the same issue. Unfortunately a service restart resp. reboot of the machine did not solve the issue.

We are running Znuny 6.1.2 on a Debian 12 Bookworm. Since the updated package libdatetime-timezone-perl (1:2.60-1+2023d) did not match the tzdata (2023c-5+deb12u1) I installed the upcoming tzdata from sid/unstable (2023d-1), restarted the daemon, cron and webserver, yet to no avail. We keep receiving several warnings by mail per minute with the following content:

Loaded DateTime::TimeZone::Europe::Berlin, which is from a different version (2023d) of the Olson database than this installation of DateTime::TimeZone (2023c).
There are 2 Berlin.pm files available on my server, both being version 2023d. I ran a

grep 2023c
through

/usr/lib/perl/

/usr/lib/perl5
and

usr/local/lib/perl
which did not return a single occurance of 2023c.

Could anyone point me into another direction, how I could find out where the mysterious 2023c-module is living, all these warnings are refering to?