OTRS tends to (rather, it does) purge mail from the mailbox

Moderator: crythias

dontknownothing85
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

OTRS tends to (rather, it does) purge mail from the mailbox

Post by dontknownothing85 »

Hi Guys,

Yes a newbie again. Am new to the Unix/Linux and OTRS worlds but love it here since I shifted from Windows (no hard feelings :D ). Intend to be a good part of these forums as long as my aptitude and experience allows me. Enough of the introduction I guess!!!! :D

1. So basically the problem is that OTRS purges all mails from the mailbox into its database. So I was wondering if there is a way to configure it to leave a copy of the mails in the mailbox. The postmaster mail account is configured over IMAP.

2. I am basically working in an environment where I am supposed to assign tickets to the agents rather than agents taking ownership themselves. So as an Admin I wanted to know if there was any way to view the list of open tickets under an agent?

3. And last one for now, its seems that any closed tickets get deleted from the system. Anyway that I can view even the closed tickets?

Like I said am a newbie so its quite possible that I am missing something or am just being stupid. Would be glad to find out though :P. Thanks a lot!!!!!!
Using OTRS 2.4.7, Ubuntu (Server Edition) 10.04, MySQL 5.1.41 :) :D
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: OTRS tends to (rather, it does) purge mail from the mail

Post by crythias »

1. No, don't let a human have the email box that OTRS uses. http://forums.otrs.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94&start=0
2. You may search for them. Saved searches will help you greatly in this case.
3. Unless you use a Generic Agent to delete a ticket, closed tickets are not deleted. They're merely hidden. When you get thousands of closed tickets, you'll appreciate that. Until then, you can search for closed tickets. I have had a saved search that I like that simply searches for tickets closed in the last 3 days.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
dontknownothing85
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

Re: OTRS tends to (rather, it does) purge mail from the mail

Post by dontknownothing85 »

Great. Thanks for the reply. Kinda ignorant of me not not have realized that :)

And yes, Sorry for the late reply on my side :D
Using OTRS 2.4.7, Ubuntu (Server Edition) 10.04, MySQL 5.1.41 :) :D