Moderator: crythias

felix
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.9

restricting customer browsing

Post by felix »

hello there,

I am trying to figure out the following in OTRS:

Our company supports endusers of Company A and Company B.
With company A we share the first line. Agents of company A must, as our agents, be able to create tickets, move them, follow-up etc. But also be able to search trough and create customers of company A etc,....

Diffculty: Agents of company A must not be able to know anything about customers from Company B. They must not be able to look them up, nor edit them etc.
They are also not allowed to read the tickets of company B. In other words company A operates in a world completely seperated from company B.

On a ticket level, this seems rather simple. You just have to manage the acces levels and they will never be able to know anything the tickets. But what on the customer-search level? It seems like there is no way to restrict the agent by default to browse customers from company B?

thx
felix
Znuny newbie

Re: restricting customer browsing

Post by felix »

could it be an alternative to change these agents from company to "customers-user"?

But how will they be able to create tickets for someone else then theirselves? I can't seem to find an option to make appear the "FROM CUSTOMER" -field in customerticket.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

I've implemented something like this, previously: http://wiki.otrs.org/index.php?title=Cr ... _API_calls (via email)
The danger is anyone who knows this method can spoof it. Of course, they can also spoof it by sending "from" any email address they want, too, so ...

After setting the Postmaster Filter, the "create a ticket for someone else" would have a body that includes:

#customer truecustomeremail@domain.tld
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
felix
Znuny newbie

Post by felix »

thx for the info,
this could be indeed an option, but i think that such a solution would be more appropriate for corporate website where an incident can be logged.

The core of the problem is: multi-company support, with data isolation for each company.
Are there any solutions pointing towards such an implementation?

grtz
felix
Znuny newbie

Post by felix »

regarding this topic -maybe i should post it elsewhere- i would like to have an OTRS-structure like depicted below.
My questionn is: is it possible?
right now i have the impression that such a structure for one otrs application, is not possible
Or i am wrong?

update: is browsing customers something that might be possbile to regulate through ACL? Or is ACL only ticket related?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
felix
Znuny newbie

Post by felix »

Hello,

it seems like

http://doc.otrs.org/1.3/en/html/multi-hosting.html

is the furthest i can get to separate two companies from each other....

I tested it and all agents are stil able to browse all customers...

However, I don't understand fully what this means:

Code: Select all

# ShowCustomerSelection
    # (show customer selection in phone and change customer view
    # - disable this for ASP!) [0|1]
    $Self->{ShowCustomerSelection} = 0;
could somebody explain?

i guess the best way to separate everything is to run OTRS multiple times on one server..
Could someone confirm?

thx
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

I was going to suggest running two instances of OTRS, but it's not as easy as the first installation. You'll want to set up a new database and a new user for the cron jobs to work. I've done it to run 2.4 and 3.0 in parallel on different databases.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask