Disabling New Ticket Notification on certain conditions

Moderator: crythias

eitarad
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.6

Disabling New Ticket Notification on certain conditions

Post by eitarad »

Hello Everybody,

I have created a postmaster filter rule which closes tickets with specified strings in it..... see the attachment.

I would like to disable the 'New Ticket Notification' when those conditions occurs.

Is that possible in anyway ?

Thanks in advance!

Eitam.
OTRS 3.0.6 On CentOS 4.1.2 with MySQL
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Disabling New Ticket Notification on certain conditions

Post by crythias »

No attachment. ... but you might want to X-OTRS-IGNORE Yes instead of "close", or change the Queue to one that doesn't New Ticket Notify.

Are you trying to close existing valid tickets via email (you should have the ticket# in the subject in the format that you're using so it won't be a "new ticket").

If you're trying to make a spam filter to "immediately" close bad tickets, you have better options than PostMasterFilter.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
eitarad
Znuny newbie

Post by eitarad »

Hi crythias,

Thanks for your instant Reply!

the desired outcome would be that any tickets that corresponds to the conditions i have set in the postmaster filter rule will be closed instantly without any notification (new ticket etc...).

how can i do it?

thanks in advance!
Eitam.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crythias

Post by crythias »

Please look at my post again.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
eitarad
Znuny newbie

Post by eitarad »

Hi,

i have read it several times but i could not understand how can i do it.

As far as I see it, Using X-OTRS-IGNORE won`t give me the expected results because i want those tickets to be closed and not remain opened.

Regarding "close existing valid tickets via email.." - i really didn't understand what did you meant about the ticket format... etc.. could you please clarify it ?

Regarding "If you're trying to make a spam filter to "immediately" close bad tickets, you have better options than PostMasterFilter." - So, what are the options ?

it really got me confused :)

thanks for everything.
Eitam.
crythias

Post by crythias »

First, are you trying to close existing tickets?

A better way to do that as an agent is to reply to a ticket and put
#closed
in the body, then PostmasterFilter for that. (This helps because the [Ticket#xxxxxxx] remains in the subject, and #closed is not likely to be typed accidentally)

Are you trying to spam filter? Use spam filters at your inbox (GMail is good on its own, but you may need different options for your email inbox.) If you want only existing customers to be able to submit email tickets, that's in HowTos in this forum.
eitarad
Znuny newbie

Post by eitarad »

Hi crythias,

i have managed to accomplish what i wanted by separating the queue i was using to 2 different queues then i set New ticket Notification for one of them and for the second one i disabled it.

Thanks for everything!

have a nice day..
Eitam.