Reporting on Numbers of tickets raised by different sources

Moderator: crythias

WilcoGG
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS:ITSM 2.0.3

Reporting on Numbers of tickets raised by different sources

Post by WilcoGG »

Hi

Apologies if someone has posted this somewhere before, but I can not find any related articles.

I want to be able to differentiate between the sources of raised tickets... these being
tickets raised by phone
tickets raised by email
tickets raised by customer portal.

There are a number of reasons for this, the primary being the service target I want to put in place on the number of tickets raised by phone being resolved within 30 minutes.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to go about this, or whether (as I suspect) OTRS does not cater for this without adding another custom field to be filled in by our analysts.

Thanks for any help you can offer

GGUK
OTRS 2.4.7 and ITSM 2.0.3 on Windows server 2003 (running on VMware) with MySQL database connected to an Active Directory for Agents and Customers.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Reporting on Numbers of tickets raised by different sour

Post by crythias »

If you're doing this, perhaps using a Queue (or SLA) for Phones vs Email would help.

There is a SQL search that could be reported on existing tickets, though.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
WilcoGG
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS:ITSM 2.0.3

Re: Reporting on Numbers of tickets raised by different sour

Post by WilcoGG »

Thanks for the response crythias.
Using another SLA was one work around that I had though of as well, but it is not very elegant.

I do not go near SQL but we have a couple of guys who could write a report... do you happen to know what table, attribute etc I should be looking for, or where/who to go to for more information?
(or better yet have the query itself!)

Cheers for your help.
OTRS 2.4.7 and ITSM 2.0.3 on Windows server 2003 (running on VMware) with MySQL database connected to an Active Directory for Agents and Customers.