Site Selection instead of freetext

Moderator: crythias

TheCat
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

Site Selection instead of freetext

Post by TheCat »

Ok i'm not too sure how to go about it,

Our customer has about 10-15 techniciens that can open a call with us. That customer has about 750 sites they manage.

Currently, the way i do it, is forcing them to enter the information of the site through freetext fields (site #, address, phone number, city, zip code...)

But what i would really want to do, is have them able to simply choose a site number from a drop down menu and then populate the rest of the fields from that simple selection, making user error almost impossible.

any ideas ? I have an excel file with all the sites information that i could dump in the sql database.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Site Selection instead of freetext

Post by crythias »

If they don't change much, or you'd like to at least seed your list: http://forums.otrs.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... t=0#p25901
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
TheCat
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

Post by TheCat »

I thought about that but i'll end up with huge text files to feed instead of using a database clearly made for that kind of work

and it still wont make it "dynamic". Since changing one freetext field wont change the other ones automaticly.

So yes i could have the whole sites list in there (Freetext1), but still end up having them enter the site info afterwards (like the street adress, phone number and zipcode as freetext2, 3 and 4)
MichaelR
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.0.9
Company: LRS Health

Post by MichaelR »

Hey,

This is something like what I posted about here: http://forums.otrs.org/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=9051
The functionality for this is not in OTRS 3, and will take a while to be ported over etc..

But it is a nifty feature that would be awesome!

Cheers,
Michael
OTRS: 3.0.9 & ITSM 3.0.4 - OS: Windows 7 - DB: MySQL - Heaps of random/useful hacks :)
[Major Code Changes]
ArticleFreeTime1-3
Ability to search ArticleFreeText
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

There's no magic to making your own front-facing form for customers to fill in. You can use SOAP or submit the form as email.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask