Moderator: crythias

niksupport
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.5
Company: P & K Research

[SOLVED] Configuring email notifications

Post by niksupport »

Hello-

I have set up OTRS 3.0.5 on Ubuntu 10.10 box with MySQL 5.1.49 and have AD integration. Our email is through MS Exchange. I am testing the system prior to going into production.

Tickets do not go to the email we have set up in the Admin settings (support@company.com). They go to the queue but do not go through exchange to our company emails and so we do not receive notification that there is a ticket in the queue. Does OTRS not provide this feature? Would we need to monitor the OTRS queue constantly? Or, as is more likely, am I missing a config somewhere?

In addition, when replying to tickets in the queue, the popup box for the reply loads quite slowly, 30-60 seconds and then will generate an error message stating the email address is not valid, when in fact it is. It populates the field from AD.

I have changed all the values in the SysConfig::Framework::Core::Sendmail page to reflect the SMTP settings. I have also disabled the root@otrs email.

Basically, I would like to know how to set up OTRS so it sends any new ticket it receives, to our external company emails. Is that possible?

Any help is appreciated.

Michael
Last edited by niksupport on 15 Apr 2011, 20:35, edited 1 time in total.
OTRS 3.0.5 on Ubuntu 10.10 LTS with AD for users/customers
MichaelR
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.0.9
Company: LRS Health

Re: Configuring email notifications

Post by MichaelR »

Each agent has a 'New Ticket Notification' that you can enable, just make sure 'My Queues' is filled out.
OTRS: 3.0.9 & ITSM 3.0.4 - OS: Windows 7 - DB: MySQL - Heaps of random/useful hacks :)
[Major Code Changes]
ArticleFreeTime1-3
Ability to search ArticleFreeText
niksupport
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.5
Company: P & K Research

Re: Configuring email notifications

Post by niksupport »

Thank you.

I was hoping there would be a universal way to do it, so agents would not have to join specific queues but this will work.
OTRS 3.0.5 on Ubuntu 10.10 LTS with AD for users/customers
andersonserra
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: otrs 3.0.11
Company: Point of Presence of RNP in Maranhao - PoPMA-RNP

Re: [SOLVED] Configuring email notifications

Post by andersonserra »

Hi Crystias,

I'm a problem in auto-responses of system OTRS, I working with Otrs 3.0.6, postgresql, ubuntu server 10.04, server IMAPS email, I looked at the auto replies are not sent. I am sending emails through the system normally, for example, opening tickets via email the system runs the process. I looked also in the framework> Core:: Sendmail, I enabled some tips from previous posts, but I looked there is no option for IMAPS in Modules Core::Sendmail. in this case, the system has support for sending notifications via auto responses IMAPS??

Att,

Anderson Serra - SLZ-MA - BRAZIL
Anderson Serra
Networks analyst at RNP - Brazil
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: [SOLVED] Configuring email notifications

Post by crythias »

andersonserra: IMAPS is for storing mail, not for sending it.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask