Moderator: crythias

andreaconsadori
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

index.pl download after AgentPhoneNewTicket

Post by andreaconsadori »

Hi all,
is some weeks that i notice a strange issue,
when i open a phone ticket when i click send the browser downlod me a blank index.pl and i've a white screen,
if i refresh the ticket has been successfully created.

now i enable under chrome developer mode and i see that when i click on create i've the error in the attach.

any hints?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rooobaaat
Znuny wizard
Znuny Version: OTRS 5.0.x

Re: index.pl download after AgentPhoneNewTicket

Post by Rooobaaat »

Please also paste the logs of apache and OTRS. Otherwise a debugging is not really possible.
My english is better than your german :P

"Produktiv": OTRS: 5.0.x, OTRS::ITSM 5.0.x
"Testing": OTRS 6 git
Apache2.4.10/MySQL 5.5.41
cyrilstoll
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.15
Company: wlan-partner.com AG

Post by cyrilstoll »

Hi there

Unfortunately we are also encountering the same problem from time to time. Our agents are working with Safari (Mac) and Firefox (Windows) each in the current version and had the problem with both browsers. As far as I know this is an apache problem.
Sometimes we only see the white page and sometimes we also get the offer to download the index.pl. If I remember correctly that was called a segmentation fault in the apache logs but it's been some years so I don't really remember a lot about that. And I don't see the words segmentation fault in apaches error logs so I might be wrong about that.
We are using the OTRS appliance built by pascom.net in the current version 3.3.9. If I'm not mistaken the problem did not occur whilst we were still working with OTRS 3.3.8. And it does not happen all the time but several times a day.

@Rooobaaat: which log do you mean by otrs log? I attached some lines from syslog. Had to change some info from there due to privacy reasons. You might notice the Umlaut-character in the subject line. That is not the reason for the issue (already tested that and didn't get the same problem albeit the Umlaut. If you specify them I'm happy to provide more logfiles.

Excerpt from the apache log when such an error occurred:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Fri Oct 17 17:09:26 2014] -e: Version string '-1, set by base.pm' contains invalid data; ignoring: '-1, set by base.pm' at /opt/otrs//Kernel/System/Log.pm line 203.
ERROR: OTRS-CGI-75 Perl: 5.10.1 OS: linux Time: Fri Oct 17 17:09:26 2014

RemoteAddress: X.X.X.X
RequestURI: /otrs/index.pl?Action=AgentDashboard

Traceback (16590):
Module: Kernel::System::ProcessManagement::Process::ProcessStartpointGet (OTRS 3.3.9) Line: 361
Module: Kernel::System::ProcessManagement::Process::ProcessList (OTRS 3.3.9) Line: 295
Module: Kernel::Output::HTML::NavBarOutputModuleAgentTicketProcess::Run (OTRS 3.3.9) Line: 108
Module: Kernel::Output::HTML::Layout::NavigationBar (OTRS 3.3.9) Line: 3008
Module: Kernel::Modules::AgentDashboardCommon::Run (OTRS 3.3.9) Line: 728
Module: Kernel::System::Web::InterfaceAgent::Run (OTRS 3.3.9) Line: 871
Module: ModPerl::ROOT::ModPerl::Registry::opt_otrs_bin_cgi_2dbin_index_2epl::handler (unknown version) Line: 41
Module: (eval) (v1.99) Line: 204
Module: ModPerl::RegistryCooker::run (v1.99) Line: 204
Module: ModPerl::RegistryCooker::default_handler (v1.99) Line: 170
Module: ModPerl::Registry::handler (v1.99) Line: 31
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

syslog around the same time:
Oct 17 17:07:23 localhost OTRS-CGI-75[16653]: [Error][Kernel::System::ProcessManagement::Process::ProcessStartpointGet][Line:361]: No 'StartActivity' for Process 'P1' found!
Oct 17 17:07:38 localhost OTRS-CGI-75[16653]: [Info][Kernel::System::Ticket::Article::ArticleSend] Sent email to 'customer@domain.tld' from 'MyCompany <support@mycompany.tld>'. HistoryType => SendAnswer, Subject => Re: [Ticket XY
5000239] Some subject with Umlauts: erh<C3><B6>hter ;
Oct 17 17:07:53 localhost OTRS-CGI-75[16653]: [Error][Kernel::System::ProcessManagement::Process::ProcessStartpointGet][Line:361]: No 'StartActivity' for Process 'P1' found!
Oct 17 17:09:01 localhost /USR/SBIN/CRON[21622]: (otrs) CMD ($HOME/bin/otrs.PostMasterMailbox.pl >> /dev/null)
Oct 17 17:09:26 localhost OTRS-CGI-75[16590]: [Error][Kernel::System::ProcessManagement::Process::ProcessStartpointGet][Line:361]: No 'StartActivity' for Process 'P1' found!
Oct 17 17:10:01 localhost /USR/SBIN/CRON[21654]: (otrs) CMD ($HOME/bin/otrs.PendingJobs.pl >> /dev/null)
Oct 17 17:10:01 localhost /USR/SBIN/CRON[21655]: (otrs) CMD ($HOME/bin/otrs.GenericAgent.pl -c db >> /dev/null)
Oct 17 17:10:01 localhost /USR/SBIN/CRON[21657]: (otrs) CMD ($HOME/bin/otrs.Scheduler.pl -w 1 >> /dev/null)
Oct 17 17:10:01 localhost OTRS-otrs.Scheduler-75[21659]: [Notice][main::_Status] Scheduler Daemon status request! PID 12016

Any help or hint is greatly appreciated!
Have a nice weekend (I will not spend it at the computer, so don't hurry and enjoy your weekend as I will)

Best Regards,
Cyril
OTRS 5.0.15 (tarball install)
Linux <hostname> 4.4.0-57-generic #78-Ubuntu SMP Fri Dec 9 23:50:32 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

Normally index.pl downloads if mail can't be sent.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
cyrilstoll
Znuny newbie

Post by cyrilstoll »

Hey crythias,
Thanks for the reply. I read that before (looked at the other posts with the same error). Interestingly the mails do get sent. A co-worker who had this problem tried reloading the page twice. Later he saw that the same mail was sent 3 times to the customer....
Regards
Linux <hostname> 4.4.0-57-generic #78-Ubuntu SMP Fri Dec 9 23:50:32 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
cyrilstoll
Znuny newbie

Post by cyrilstoll »

Hi there

Sorry, ignore my last post. Maybe we have two different problems in our OTRS. When I myself got the blank/white/empty page (in Safari) and the offer to download the index.pl the action I took was owner update and such. In those cases the emails to notify the new owner agent were sent. But when some of my co-workers had a "connection was reset" error (in Firefox on Win) it was due to a mail they wanted to send to customers. Those mails apparently were not sent as we just discovered.
So crythias statement about mails not being sent is right. Therefore I have to debug that problem now as this is way more important and unfortunately it looks like quite some customers are missing mails from us (which explains the lack of an answer from them).

So again my question, which log is the otrs log that Rooobaaat was talking about. Any other hints what I can look for? Usually mailing does work it is therefore not a persistent problem but a sporadic one. Still it's really bad for us so I got to figure out what causes this problem in order to prevent it in the future.

Thanks again for any help, it's much appreciated!
wurzel
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: x.x.x

Post by wurzel »

Hi,

index.pl is downloaded sometimes if you have no perl activated for apache or perl modules are missing.

is perl enabled for your webbrowser ?
did you check /opt/otrs/bin/otrs.CheckModules.pl ?

did you do an /opt/otrs/bin/otrs.RebuildConfig.pl ?

are file permissions correct?

Cheers
Florian
OTRS 8 SILVER (Prod)
OTRS 8 auf Debian 11 (Test)
Znuny 7.x latest version testing auf Debian 11

-- Ich beantworte keine Forums-Fragen PN - No PN please

I won't answer to unfriendly users any more. A greeting and regards are just polite.
cyrilstoll
Znuny newbie

Post by cyrilstoll »

Hallo Florian

Thanks for your reply. I will check that in a couple of minutes. In the meantime I checked against the syslog of our mailserver (postfix) and found those entries that might help. Apparently there seems to be a problem during the starttls authentication. Not sure if the "No 'StartActivity' for Process 'P1' found!" entries in otrs syslog refer to that...

otrs syslog
-------------
Oct 23 15:05:31 localhost OTRS-CGI-75[16086]: [Error][Kernel::System::ProcessManagement::Process::ProcessStartpointGet][Line:361]: No 'StartActivity' for Process 'P1' found!

mailserver syslog
---------------------
Oct 23 15:05:23 hostname postfix/smtpd[4016]: connect from unknown[X.X.X.X]
Oct 23 15:05:23 hostname postfix/smtpd[4016]: SSL_accept error from unknown[X.X.X.X]: 0
Oct 23 15:05:23 hostname postfix/smtpd[4016]: lost connection after STARTTLS from unknown[X.X.X.X]
Oct 23 15:05:23 hostname postfix/smtpd[4016]: disconnect from unknown[X.X.X.X]

I know that there is a slight difference in the timestamps. But I guess that is due to the fact that the otrs server is not using our internal NTP server.
wurzel
Znuny guru

Post by wurzel »

Hi,

the process ID1 not found is only relevant if you try to start a new process.

For the mail server logs... I don't know. Should nothing be related to the index.pl download.

Florian
OTRS 8 SILVER (Prod)

I won't answer to unfriendly users any more. A greeting and regards are just polite.
cyrilstoll
Znuny newbie

Post by cyrilstoll »

Hi

Back to Florians questions, or their answers for that matter. Unfortunately those questions raise even more questions on my side (sorry for that). As we use the otrs appliance I assume that everything necessary (like perl and it's modules) is installed. Never heard of the ability to disable perl in the browser. Nevertheless I checked my Safari settings and couldn't find anything regarding perl. But since otrs is doing it's job most of the time and we usually can send mails without problems I assume that that's not the cause of the problem. As mentioned before this error occurs only sporadically and usually all works well.

About those perl scripts (otrs.CheckModules.pl and otrs.RebuildConfig.pl) can I just execute them on the command line without risking breaking anything in our otrs (it is already in use so I don't really want to mess it up)? The permissions have not been altered by us. They should therefore be like the guys at pascom (they provide the appliance) intended. All the files in /opt/otrs/bin/ have the same permissions:
-rwxrwx--- 1 otrs www-data

Thanks again!
cyrilstoll
Znuny newbie

Post by cyrilstoll »

Some more thoughts. If I can execute the previously mentioned perl scripts without risking to break our otrs configuration then I will gladly execute them. But since the problem only occurs from time to time I guess that what I found in our mail servers syslog is closer to the cause of the problem. So something with the starttls authentication seams to be a problem from time to time. Therefore I guess we might have to monitor the connection between the otrs and the mail server and see if we can find anything there. If anybody agrees it would be nice to hear that since that would give me some more motivation to look into that (sounds like a lot of work for a noob like me).
wurzel
Znuny guru

Post by wurzel »

Hi,
cyrilstoll wrote: About those perl scripts (otrs.CheckModules.pl and otrs.RebuildConfig.pl) can I just execute them on the command line without risking breaking anything in our otrs (it is already in use so I don't really want to mess it up)?
Yes.

The CheckModules only checks, the RebuildConfig.pl rebuilds the config. It is needed after playing around
with config files and/or after upgrade.
cyrilstoll wrote: The permissions have not been altered by us. They should therefore be like the guys at pascom (they provide the appliance) intended. All the files in /opt/otrs/bin/ have the same permissions:
-rwxrwx--- 1 otrs www-data
OK, seems good.
You can run otrs.SetPermissions to (re-)set the permissions.

You mention the TLS settings may cause a problem. For this I had sometimes trouble accessing a new Exchange
Server. So I needed the perl Module for IMAPTLS and all settings needs to be correct, then it worked fine.

Do you have some connections issues to your mailserver?

Flo
OTRS 8 SILVER (Prod)

cyrilstoll
Znuny newbie

Post by cyrilstoll »

Hey Flo

Thanks a lot for the answers. CheckModules looks fine (all green/ok except for oracle which isn't needed anyway). Also executed RebuildConfig which also seams have run fine. Thanks for the advice that this should be done after playing around with the config. I changed a lot in the config during the past weeks and never ran that script. Will do that regularly after changes in the future.

I don't think that the TLS settings are wrong since we usually can send mail fine. But it might very well be a connection problem. Had a deeper look into the log files on our mail server as well and it looks like it sometimes closes the connection:

Oct 22 17:21:06 hostname postfix/smtpd[11112]: SSL_accept error from unknown[X.X.X.X]: 0
Oct 22 17:21:06 hostname postfix/smtpd[11112]: lost connection after STARTTLS from unknown[X.X.X.X]
Oct 22 17:21:06 hostname postfix/smtpd[11112]: disconnect from unknown[X.X.X.X]

Now we also added a reverse entry for the otrs server in case this "unknown" is a problem. But I don't really think so since it's always unknown even if the mail is sent successfully.

Well now with the RebuildConfig script run and the reverse entry I hope the problem disappears. Otherwise we will have to debug the connection between those two servers.

Thank you guys (vor allem Florian) very much for all the help and information! Since I didn't start this thread I can't really set it as solved (at least I guess that I can't/shouldn't). But I try to come back in two weeks if the problem doesn't occur any more to post that information into this thread.

Have a nice weekend
andreaconsadori
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

Re: index.pl download after AgentPhoneNewTicket [Fixed]

Post by andreaconsadori »

i confirm,
i double check my config and was exchange 2013 smtp that give some issues...

thanks to all for usefoul information