Flush SMTP queue

Moderator: crythias

jnelson
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.4

Flush SMTP queue

Post by jnelson »

My system has major mail constipation. Some of our systems got reconfigured to send alerts to the ticketing system via email and the volume completely hosed both the inbound and outbound mail because a noob made a configuration error. I was able to fix the inbound by deleting the source mails on my server and rebooting OTRS appliance however the outbound queue appears to be completely broken at this point.

Is there a way to flush the outbound queue?

Thanks

OTRS Appliance V 4
OTRS 5 on CentOS 7.1
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Flush SMTP queue

Post by crythias »

First, don't use appliance for production. It won't be updated/updateable.

Second, it depends on what you need to do... kill the queue or push the stuff out.

Either way, this is more likely to be something to find on a linux support forum than here. (I don't recall whether it's sendmail, exim, etc. and each one of those has non-otrs specific information on how to handle the mailq in the way you need to address it.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
jnelson
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.4

Post by jnelson »

"First, don't use appliance for production. It won't be updated/updateable"

Unless this is new that's not correct. It's updated several times through the UI since I first installed it.

Thanks
OTRS 5 on CentOS 7.1
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask