Transitions fireing automatically

Moderator: crythias

disciple
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.4.2

Transitions fireing automatically

Post by disciple »

I have defined a proces, which shall do some manual steps.
So from activity to activity there are transitions, but the transition shall only fire if an agent (human) is switching the process.

How can I ensure, that a transition only gets fired AFTER an agent has switched manually the process Activity to the next activity?

What I have so far (and does not work as expected)
I have created a transition, which has a dynamicField "email"
my transition condition 1 is: regEx ".+" on email

So if the e-mail is getting set somehow outside, the transition fires immediatly.
I would like the firing ONLY after a agent switches the process status himself

but how?
disciple
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.4.2

Re: Transitions fireing automatically

Post by disciple »

no hints here?
hkais
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: see in post

Re: Transitions fireing automatically

Post by hkais »

it really depends what you have done here.

Typically the transition action is getting automatically executed, if all preconditions are fulfilled.

Lets say you expect to have a dynamic field filled, let us name the field "blaBlaDynField".
Your regEx is .+ (means at least one character)

and someone fills the blaBlaDynField with a value "something", which is matching the regEx, your transition will be executed "immediatly"

To suppress such a behavior a solution could be to add an additional Activity Dialog, in which the Agent has to fill some additional dynamic field, BEFORE this transition is fired again. And you transition shall of course have the regex checking for the additional dynamic field.

Hope it helps.
Elected 2022-06 as an IT Governance Portal Expert. The portal for Znuny, OTRS and OTOBO users