message IMAP authentication of email/host fails!!

Moderator: crythias

RickyA
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.7.4

message IMAP authentication of email/host fails!!

Post by RickyA »

Hi,

I just set up OTRS and linked in with my IMAP email account. The first few days it was working perfectly. But after a while i got this error "IMAP Authentication of email/host fails!!" I've checked the username and password for the mail account and they are filled in correctly. I tried it with different IMAP accounts, but all fail and get the same error.

has someone came across this error before i would like to know how they solved it.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Ricky
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: message IMAP authentication of email/host fails!!

Post by crythias »

Have you tried to connect via telnet to the IMAP from the OTRS host

Code: Select all

$ telnet imapserver 143
Trying imapserver...
Connected to imapserver.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK IMAP4rev1 server version x.x.x.x (imapserver) ready.

01 LOGIN username password
If you get

01 NO Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
you know why.
If you get

01 OK LOGIN completed
then you should be good.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
RickyA
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.7.4

Post by RickyA »

Problem solved... but i don't know how. The username and password that i provided was correct, but somehow OTRS would not accept it. Now approx. 19 days later the problem somehow is solved.

Thanks for the support..

Regards,

Ricky
bwesaala
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.2.13
Company: UN DCM

Post by bwesaala »

Hi all,

I am having exactly the same problem. I have just installed OTRS 3.0.11 on Debian 6 for testing purposes. It was all working well but now I am getting this error message every 10 minutes:

OTRS-PostMasterMailbox.pl-10 IMAP: Auth for user user/xxxx-xxxx.xxxx.xx.org failed!

Error Details:

Backend ERROR: OTRS-CGI-10 Perl: 5.10.1 OS: linux Time: Wed Dec 21 14:17:15 2011 Message: IMAP: Auth for user user/xxx-xxxx.xxxx.xx.org failed! Traceback (11889): Module: Kernel::System::MailAccount::IMAP::_Fetch (v1.10) Line: 127 Module: Kernel::System::MailAccount::IMAP::Fetch (v1.10) Line: 79 Module: Kernel::System::MailAccount::MailAccountFetch (v1.16) Line: 386 Module: Kernel::Modules::AdminMailAccount::Run (v1.23) Line: 63 Module: Kernel::System::Web::InterfaceAgent::Run (v1.58.2.1) Line: 853 Module: ModPerl::ROOT::ModPerl::Registry::opt_otrs_bin_cgi_2dbin_index_2epl::handler (unknown version) Line: 46 Module: (eval) (v1.89.2.1) Line: 204 Module: ModPerl::RegistryCooker::run (v1.89.2.1) Line: 204 Module: ModPerl::RegistryCooker::default_handler (v1.89.2.1) Line: 170 Module: ModPerl::Registry::handler (v1.99) Line: 31

Regards,

Brian
Last edited by bwesaala on 21 Dec 2011, 15:20, edited 1 time in total.
Debian 6.0.8 x86_64, MySQL 5.1.72, Perl v5.10.1, Apache 2.2.16
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Post by jojo »

Username and Password does not match
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com
mishelpdesk
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.2.9
Company: Insitu

Post by mishelpdesk »

Error Message: IMAPS: Auth for user/server failed!

I have 2 accounts setup for fetching email. One works and the other does not. I can login to a laptop with the usename/password for both accounts.

I'm thinking the problem is in the user's Active Directory setup but cannot find the problem (I don't setup the AD accounts and don't have any expertise in that area). Unfortunately, the AD admin doesn't think it's an AD issue. He could be right but I don't know. Any ideas?
OTRS Version 3.1.12
ITSM 2.0 Add-on
Linux / Ubuntu 12.04.1
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

mishelpdesk wrote: I can login to a laptop with the usename/password for both accounts.
It is *possible* that the Exchange account for mystery mailbox number two is disabled for IMAP.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask