Still not recieving any email notifications of new tickets

Moderator: crythias

usman
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.1.4 on Centos

Still not recieving any email notifications of new tickets

Post by usman »

Hi All,

Ok I still have this problem...to describe it more effeciently I installed OTRS on my desktop (Win XP, Manually configured IP, It's not a server). After successfully installing OTRS-2.4.7-win-installer-2.1.1.exe everything worked fine except for the most important part for me the email notifications when a new ticket is created by an agent or a customer none of us recieve an email notification for new tickets. I have double checked the agents email, and preference for the agents and highlighted the queues and also set the sending notifications options to 'YES' on the Agent preferances.

-Under SysConfig >Framework>Core::Sendmail I have SMTP configured (I am able to compose an email when replying to the ticket and the email is delivered)

-Under SysConfig >Framework>Core I have the default settings the only sections I editted here are FQDN, AdminEmail, Organization. The NotificationSenderName & NotificationSenderEmail is default what the system set itself.

-Not sure if this is relevant but under System>Email Addresses I have the default email address set by the system i.e. otrs@localhost

- Also have the Auto Responses <-> Queue set for the Raw queue.

But I still don't understand why I or other agents in the system not receiving continuous email notifications from the system when a new ticket is raised or when a followup is added to a ticket?

I would appreciate it very much if someone could please help me in this matter. Thanks much!
Using OTRS 3.0.1 on CentOS 5
fbobraga
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

Re: Still not recieving any email notifications of new ticke

Post by fbobraga »

usman wrote:(..)
-Not sure if this is relevant but under System>Email Addresses I have the default email address set by the system i.e. otrs@localhost
(...)
try to change it (in my case, since the beginning of the tests, it was configured)
Evaluation/pilot: OTRS 2.4.7 on Linux (CentOS 5.4) with MySQL database connected to an Active Directory for Agents and Customers.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

Do you have any system logs that indicate it tried to send?
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
usman
Znuny newbie

Post by usman »

@crythias
When I click on System Log I find nothing there is no information as if it's empty.....is this right?

@fbobraga
I have done this also made the default Email address invalid and then set a new one....NO EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS.

I am sure there is something I missed out reason behind it not working...I would also like to point out that my company network is FW enabled and the machine I installed OTRS has it's FW (Firewall) disabled.

Don't know if FW makes sense because this is just plain emails..........

Please help ......really need to get it to work......
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Post by jojo »

How did you connect your mail server to OTRS? I assume it is a windows server you are using? You'll find the OTRS Logfiles in the OTRS var/log directory
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com
peter_sk
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

Post by peter_sk »

usman wrote:@crythias
When I click on System Log I find nothing there is no information as if it's empty.....is this right?
I'm sure, there sould be something in the log file, when systems sends an e-mail. For example:

Code: Select all

[Fri Aug  6 07:54:11 2010][Notice][Kernel::System::Ticket::TicketCreate] New Ticket [201008060175/Namestitev pren] created (TicketID=68,Queue=.....
[Fri Aug  6 07:54:11 2010][Notice][Kernel::System::Ticket::Event::NotificationEvent::_SendCustomerNotification] Sent agent ...
Check the: C:\Program files\OTRS\OTRS\var\log\otrs.log

Peter
OTRS 2.4.7 with ITSM 2.0.3. running on Linux Fedora 12
usman
Znuny newbie

Post by usman »

peter_sk wrote:
usman wrote:@crythias
I'm sure, there sould be something in the log file, when systems sends an e-mail. For example:

Code: Select all

[Fri Aug  6 07:54:11 2010][Notice][Kernel::System::Ticket::TicketCreate] New Ticket [201008060175/Namestitev pren] created (TicketID=68,Queue=.....
[Fri Aug  6 07:54:11 2010][Notice][Kernel::System::Ticket::Event::NotificationEvent::_SendCustomerNotification] Sent agent ...
Check the: C:\Program files\OTRS\OTRS\var\log\otrs.log

Peter

Thanks Peter you were right there was an error in the log file....that related to the empty envelope header......after entering the email address there it worked out great...Cheers mate!