Apache service won't start after 2.4->3.0

Moderator: crythias

plumbum
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.4

Apache service won't start after 2.4->3.0

Post by plumbum »

Hi there.

I try to upgrade from OTRS 2.4.4 to 3.0.10 on Win.
I followed the UPGRADING manual (skipped SetPermission.pl though since I'm on Win) and the process ran absolutely flawlessly until the step when I need to start up Apache. It won't start, in the error log I see the following:

Code: Select all

[Thu Sep 15 15:39:04 2011] [error] Can't locate Kernel/Config.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /opt/otrs/Custom /opt/otrs/Kernel/cpan-lib /opt/otrs/ C:/Program Files (x86)/OTRS/StrawberryPerl/perl/lib C:/Program Files (x86)/OTRS/StrawberryPerl/perl/site/lib . C:/Program Files (x86)/OTRS/Apache) at C:/PROGRA~2/OTRS/OTRS/scripts/apache2-perl-startup.pl line 67.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/PROGRA~2/OTRS/OTRS/scripts/apache2-perl-startup.pl line 67.\nCompilation failed in require at (eval 2) line 1.\n
[Thu Sep 15 15:39:04 2011] [error] Can't load Perl file: C:/PROGRA~2/OTRS/OTRS/scripts/apache2-perl-startup.pl for server 192.168.2.32:0, exiting...
[Thu Sep 15 15:39:18 2011] [error] Can't locate Kernel/Config.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /opt/otrs/Custom /opt/otrs/Kernel/cpan-lib /opt/otrs/ C:/Program Files (x86)/OTRS/StrawberryPerl/perl/lib C:/Program Files (x86)/OTRS/StrawberryPerl/perl/site/lib . C:/Program Files (x86)/OTRS/Apache) at C:/PROGRA~2/OTRS/OTRS/scripts/apache2-perl-startup.pl line 67.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/PROGRA~2/OTRS/OTRS/scripts/apache2-perl-startup.pl line 67.\nCompilation failed in require at (eval 2) line 1.\n
[Thu Sep 15 15:39:18 2011] [error] Can't load Perl file: C:/PROGRA~2/OTRS/OTRS/scripts/apache2-perl-startup.pl for server 192.168.2.32:0, exiting...
Config.pm is present in the Kernel folder though. I wonder why it is looking for Config.pm in the unix-style named folders? And most importantly, how do I fix the whole thing?
renee
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.0.x
Company: Perl-Services.de

Re: Apache service won't start after 2.4->3.0

Post by renee »

Perl can work with UNIX style directory paths on windows to. Perl has some kind of abstraction layer here...

Did you have a look if there is a Config.pm in <OTRS_HOME>/Kernel/ (Where <OTRS_HOME> is the path to the "root" directory of you OTRS installation)? What is the path to that directory? You may have to change the "lib" entries.
Need a Perl/OTRS developer? You can contact me at info@perl-services.de
plumbum
Znuny newbie

Post by plumbum »

Did you have a look if there is a Config.pm in <OTRS_HOME>/Kernel/ (Where <OTRS_HOME> is the path to the "root" directory of you OTRS installation)? What is the path to that directory?
Yes, Config.pm resides in C:\Program Files (x86)\OTRS\OTRS, moreover I tried to copy it to other folders mentioned in the error message. No go.
You may have to change the "lib" entries.
Could you, please, explain this in more detail?
renee
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.0.x
Company: Perl-Services.de

Post by renee »

If you edit C:/PROGRA~2/OTRS/OTRS/scripts/apache2-perl-startup.pl, you'll find something like this:

Code: Select all

use lib "/opt/otrs/";
use lib "/opt/otrs/Kernel/cpan-lib";
use lib "/opt/otrs/Custom";
Here you have to replace "/opt/otrs/" with "C:/Program Files/OTRS/OTRS/" (or whatever the path is)
Need a Perl/OTRS developer? You can contact me at info@perl-services.de
plumbum
Znuny newbie

Post by plumbum »

Thanks, renee. That did the trick!