SLA and notification

Moderator: crythias

giorg
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.5

SLA and notification

Post by giorg »

Hi,

I did follow the guide and enabled services and SLA. I defined 3 SLA, with "notify by" at 50% for each escalation. Now, from the guide: "When a ticket escalates, a few things happen:
The ticket appears in the Escalated Tickets window of the Dashboard, making escalated tickets highly visible even if the agent has not seen the email notification.
If the ticket is locked to an agent, the system unlocks it so that other agents can take action on the ticket. "

In my case, the tickets are not unlocked, but they do appear in the escalated window. And again: "Escalation - first response time: Applies to new tickets only. If the first response time is reached and no email or phone contact has been logged, the ticket is escalated." this doesn't happen to my tickets, nor the email at 50% are sent to agents.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: SLA and notification

Post by crythias »

You may also want to check your otrs cron jobs. (Version? OS?)
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
giorg
Znuny newbie

Post by giorg »

Hi and thanks for you answer. The manual didn't say a word about cron jobs, and that shouldn't be related to unlock tickets, right? Version is 3.0.10 on Ubuntu.

Thanks again
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

From INSTALL:

Code: Select all

190	11) Cronjobs for the OTRS user:
191	    ---------------------------
192	   There are several OTRS default cronjobs in $OTRS_HOME/var/cron/*.dist.
193	   They can be activated by copying them without the ".dist" filename extension.
195	   shell> cd var/cron
196	   shell> for foo in *.dist; do cp $foo `basename $foo .dist`; done
198	   To schedule these cronjobs on your system, you can use the script Cron.sh.
199	   Make sure to execute it as the OTRS system user!
201	      Scheduling the cronjobs for the first time:
203	      shell> /opt/otrs/bin/Cron.sh start
205	      Updating the cronjob schedules if you made changes changes:
207	      shell> /opt/otrs/bin/Cron.sh restart
209	      Stopping the cronjobs (useful for maintenance):
211	      shell> /opt/otrs/bin/Cron.sh stop
Basically, escalation is based upon time, right? so only a cron will understand time...
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
giorg
Znuny newbie

Post by giorg »

Hi,

thank you again for your answer. What you say sounds good to me, what I'm saying is that here:

http://blog.otrs.org/2011/09/22/otrs-ti ... calations/

and here:

http://www.otrs.com/open-source/communi ... calations/

cron is never mentioned. Anyway, even if I have no GenericAgent jobs, I do receive email notification, the point is I can't understand when they're sent. Furthermore, mostly the escalation times written are not right (see attachment: why times are different in the 2 windows?). So in my system cron is enabled, but which part exactly should be interesting for me?

Thanks again

EDIT: just tried to add another ticket: after the first escalation time the ticket is actually escalated, but no email are sent.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Post by jojo »

Tickets won't unlock on escalations.

The cronjobs are baes for a lot of functionalities in OTRS. So they are not mentioned additionally
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com