How to create tickets for multiple customers?

Moderator: crythias

sgw
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.7
Company: oops!

How to create tickets for multiple customers?

Post by sgw »

Sorry if I hit an FAQ, but I wasn't sure what to search for (search terms ...)

What I would like to have:

I have several customers using product/software X with version Y.
Version Z is announced, so I want to generate a ticket for each of these customers with the subject "patch/update software X to version Z".
And then I want to close each ticket as I go through these customers.

Is there a clever way to implement this?

Thanks, greets, Stefan
wurzel
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: x.x.x

Re: How to create tickets for multiple customers?

Post by wurzel »

Hi,

I don't know if I understood everything, but I think you can use OTRSMasterSlave

or create one ticket for each customer.

Florian
OTRS 8 SILVER (Prod)
OTRS 8 auf Debian 11 (Test)
Znuny 7.x latest version testing auf Debian 11

-- Ich beantworte keine Forums-Fragen PN - No PN please

I won't answer to unfriendly users any more. A greeting and regards are just polite.
Giulio Soleni
Znuny wizard
Znuny Version: 6.0.x and 5.0.x
Company: IKS srl

Post by Giulio Soleni »

Hi Stefan,
I am not sure if that's what you are looking for, but I think you should use "New Email Ticket" feature from agents' web console (an option available from "Ticket" button in the main menu).
An agent should be allowed to inform one or more customers about some news (in the form of a ticket) for a specific topic (a queue)...
Normally the customers create the new tickets and they post them into a specific queue, so customers are the senders (From) and queues are somehow the recipients (To). With this feature Agents may reverse the situation and send a ticket from a queue to a list of customers.

Please, mind that since I did never use this feature I am not so acquainted with it, however I think that this is the feature for you.

HTH
OTRS 6.0.x on CentOS 7.x with MariaDB 10.2.x database connected to an Active Directory for Agents and Customers.
ITSM and FAQ modules installed.
sgw
Znuny newbie

Post by sgw »

Giulio, I use that feature quite often, and, yes, it is possible to create the tickets like that.

What I am looking for is more of a group-functionality:

generate a ticket for each customer on a list/group of customers with property X (e.g. "user of software X") in a quick and efficient way (and removing the need to always think about who is using/running what).

Clearer now?

Thanks for your suggestions, Stefan
Giulio Soleni
Znuny wizard
Znuny Version: 6.0.x and 5.0.x
Company: IKS srl

Post by Giulio Soleni »

I do not think there is a feature that let you group customers for the purpose of open the same tk for each one of them simultaneously...
maybe an idea is to elaborate a little bit the "ticket template" feature which is available for customization on /opt/otrs/Kernel/Output/HTML/Standard/AgentTicketEmail.dtl (as far as AgentTicketPhone.dtl).
Take a look to this webinar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B8mZ9Ku_bA (pretty old but probably still valid more or less).

My idea is to define some ticket templates by filling up the recipent list with the list of customers you would like to send the ticket to.

Honestly I do not know if that can work since I did not test it. So, please, take it only as a hint...
OTRS 6.0.x on CentOS 7.x with MariaDB 10.2.x database connected to an Active Directory for Agents and Customers.
ITSM and FAQ modules installed.
sgw
Znuny newbie

Post by sgw »

Thanks for the suggestion!
I looked through the video quickly, but will only find time to test things after my heavily needed vacation.
Thanks!
Regards, Stefan
sgw
Znuny newbie

Post by sgw »

sgw wrote:Thanks for the suggestion!
I looked through the video quickly, but will only find time to test things after my heavily needed vacation.
Thanks!
Regards, Stefan
oops! haven't yet found the time and brains for that ;-)
Although I really appreciate the power of OTRS to organize my daily work!
thanks, Stefan