Moderator: crythias

PepijnBplusC
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.x
Company: BplusC

OTRS gives error retrieving emails

Post by PepijnBplusC »

Hi,

I inherited the OTRS ticket system three years ago and have left it (and the server it is running on) mostly alone. Time marches on however and after upgrading the Ubuntu server last week the system stopped receiving emails. It produces this error:

(note: i happily relinquish privacy)

The problem seems to be the ticket_answered bit, but its immune to my google-fu. Trying to send the problem-email-hash via Postmaster.pl returns an error as well.

Ive no idea what to do, while in the mean time my department isnt receiving calls as they get swiped from the server.

If you, dear reader, can bail me out, i'd be eternally grateful. Please consider in your response that when it comes to me and Linux, it helps to assume I am a six year old child freshly fished out of the jungle.
EXG133
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.1.7 & 4.04

Re: OTRS gives error retrieving emails

Post by EXG133 »

That's a MySQL error. ticket_answered doesn't seem to be a default column, perhaps a trigger you (or your former colleague) added?

I'm not sure why it would pop up after an upgrade, unless you upgraded the DB without keeping the same settings for your MySQL DB.
PepijnBplusC
Znuny newbie

Post by PepijnBplusC »

EXG133 wrote:That's a MySQL error. ticket_answered doesn't seem to be a default column, perhaps a trigger you (or your former colleague) added?

I'm not sure why it would pop up after an upgrade, unless you upgraded the DB without keeping the same settings for your MySQL DB.
thx for the response. Do you think I could add it as a default column so that the SQL db and OTRS make peace with each other?

Someone else upgraded the Ubuntu server so I dont know which choices were made
PepijnBplusC
Znuny newbie

Post by PepijnBplusC »

a colleague helped, showed me that you can go to http://(otrsserver)/phpmyadmin/ where you get the SQL gui. We assigned default values to two fields, and mails are getting fetched properly again.

I didnt know this interface existed!
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Post by root »

phpmyadmin has not relation to otrs. It's a db tools. Anyway, maybe something went wrong in the past. I recommend to check for problems in the database schema and to fix them
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
PepijnBplusC
Znuny newbie

Post by PepijnBplusC »

oh alright, i thought it was a package that came with OTRS. Well, it at least solved my SQL woes.