Logged out after applying sysconfig changes after 5.0.x to 6.0.x upgrade

Moderator: crythias

jbaptiste
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 6.0.x

Logged out after applying sysconfig changes after 5.0.x to 6.0.x upgrade

Post by jbaptiste »

Hi,

I upgraded one of my customer's install from OTRS 5.0.37 to latest version 6.0.20. When I go to Admin -> system Configuration, do any change and then click the link to deploy changes, I get redirected to the login screen as if I had just been logged out. If I log back in I get to the deploy message screen and afterwards everything works fine.

The only message I can see in apache's error log is this one:

Code: Select all

ERROR: OTRS-CGI-98 Perl: 5.10.1 OS: linux Time: Tue Jul 23 19:39:38 2019

Message: Module Kernel/Output/HTML/Notification/SchedulerCheck.pm not in @INC (/opt/otrs/Custom /opt/otrs/Kernel/cpan-lib /opt/otrs/ /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 . /etc/httpd)
But I'm not sure if it is related to this as I see it appear all the time when refreshing any page.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.
Want to run OTRS on docker ? checkout my OTRS on docker HOWTO | Project's github page
abcdefgh
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: version 6

Re: Logged out after applying sysconfig changes after 5.0.x to 6.0.x upgrade

Post by abcdefgh »

Well that means that Kernel/Output/HTML/Notification/SchedulerCheck.pm doesn't exist. Maybe it's related to viewtopic.php?t=30732.
jbaptiste
Znuny advanced

Post by jbaptiste »

abcdefgh wrote: 24 Jul 2019, 08:17 Well that means that Kernel/Output/HTML/Notification/SchedulerCheck.pm doesn't exist. Maybe it's related to viewtopic.php?t=30732.
Well I found that post too and this is not exactly that case, the name of the file is correctly set as described on that post:

[root@c3e72b6de9bb Kernel]# grep -R SchedulerCheck *
Config/Backups/ZZZAutoOTRS5.pm:  'Module' => 'Kernel::Output::HTML::Notification::SchedulerCheck'
Config/Files/ZZZAAuto.pm:  'Module' => 'Kernel::Output::HTML::Notification::SchedulerCheck'
Config/Files/Scheduler.xml:                <Item Key="Module">Kernel::Output::HTML::NotificationSchedulerCheck</Item>
Config/Files/XML/Scheduler.xml:                <Item Key="Module">Kernel::Output::HTML::NotificationSchedulerCheck</Item>
Output/HTML/NotificationSchedulerCheck.pm:# Kernel/Output/HTML/NotificationSchedulerCheck.pm
Output/HTML/NotificationSchedulerCheck.pm:package Kernel::Output::HTML::NotificationSchedulerCheck;
If I remove the "::" of any of those lines to match with the file it does exist:

[root@c3e72b6de9bb otrs]# find . -name *SchedulerCheck*
./Kernel/Output/HTML/NotificationSchedulerCheck.pm
I get a 500 error:

[Wed Jul 24 12:54:54.752734 2019] [:error] [pid 161] [Wed Jul 24 12:54:54 2019] -e: Got no ConfigObject! at /opt/otrs//Kernel/Output/HTML/NotificationSchedulerCheck.pm line 30.\n
The most curious thing is that these config files are identical to another system that also was upgraded to the latest version and does not show that error on the error_log:

[root@6f3ff2cb38d7 /]# gregrep -R SchedulerCheck *
Kernel/Output/HTML/NotificationSchedulerCheck.pm:# Kernel/Output/HTML/NotificationSchedulerCheck.pm
Kernel/Output/HTML/NotificationSchedulerCheck.pm:package Kernel::Output::HTML::NotificationSchedulerCheck;
Kernel/Config/Backups/ZZZAutoOTRS5.pm:  'Module' => 'Kernel::Output::HTML::Notification::SchedulerCheck'
Kernel/Config/Files/Scheduler.xml:                <Item Key="Module">Kernel::Output::HTML::NotificationSchedulerCheck</Item>
[root@6f3ff2cb38d7 otrs]#
[root@6f3ff2cb38d7 otrs]# find . -name  *SchedulerCheck*

Want to run OTRS on docker ? checkout my OTRS on docker HOWTO | Project's github page
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Post by root »

HI,

This file does not exist in OTRS 6. Check the head of the file and see the date ;-)

How did you exactly update?

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
jbaptiste
Znuny advanced

Post by jbaptiste »

root wrote: 25 Jul 2019, 06:43 This file does not exist in OTRS 6. Check the head of the file and see the date ;-)

How did you exactly update?
Following official instructions from 4.0.x to 5.0.x to 6.0.x.

Any ideas on whats wrong ?
root
Administrator

Post by root »

jbaptiste wrote: 25 Jul 2019, 06:51
Following official instructions from 4.0.x to 5.0.x to 6.0.x.
Hi,

Can't really believe this. I guess you're using the tarball and something around the step 3.1 went wrong:

root> cd /opt
root> mv otrs otrs-old
root> tar -xzf otrs-x.x.x.tar.gz
root> mv otrs-x.x.x otrs

The file is a leftover from an old version, rpm clean up old files, leftovers are a typical problem with tarball setups.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

jbaptiste
Znuny advanced

Post by jbaptiste »

root wrote: 25 Jul 2019, 07:10 Hi,

Can't really believe this. I guess you're using the tarball and something around the step 3.1 went wrong:

root> cd /opt
root> mv otrs otrs-old
root> tar -xzf otrs-x.x.x.tar.gz
root> mv otrs-x.x.x otrs

The file is a leftover from an old version, rpm clean up old files, leftovers are a typical problem with tarball setups.

- Roy
Well it happened, it wasn't with a tarball install, it was on a CentOS rpm install:

# rpm -qa|grep otrs
otrs-6.0.20-02.noarch
First I followed these instructions to ugrade from 4 to 5, and then these for 5 to 6, as I have done many times in the past, just this one system has this issue. I don't know if this error is present since the upgrade from 4 and crawled up to the current install as I only noticed something was wrong after the system was upgraded to 6 and I started to get logged out from otrs when appying a sysconfig change.

But exaclty what is wrong ? how can I manually fix it ? the file is not present but is being referenced somewhere, as you can see I did install the new rpm's so really don't understand why this is happening.
root
Administrator

Post by root »

Hi,

Is it possible that there was tarball installation before?

I suggest starting with

rpm -V otrs
to check which files from the RPM changed. Some of them should, others not. Post the result and we'll see what's the next step

- Roy

jbaptiste
Znuny advanced

Post by jbaptiste »

root wrote: 25 Jul 2019, 17:27 Hi,

Is it possible that there was tarball installation before?
No, I personally installed and upgraded that system, it was updated to 5.0.x months ago.

I just tested with a 5.0.x backup and the error is already present, which means the issue was introduced during the 4.0.x to 5.0.x upgrade.
root wrote: 25 Jul 2019, 17:27 I suggest starting with

rpm -V otrs
to check which files from the RPM changed. Some of them should, others not. Post the result and we'll see what's the next step

- Roy
Here they are:

#  rpm -V otrs
S.5....T.  c /opt/otrs/Kernel/Config.pm
.......T.    /opt/otrs/Kernel/Config/Files/XML/Ticket.xml
S.5....T.    /opt/otrs/var/httpd/htdocs/skins/Agent/default/img/loginlogo_default.png
S.5....T.    /opt/otrs/var/httpd/htdocs/skins/Agent/default/img/logo_bg.png
S.5....T.    /opt/otrs/var/httpd/htdocs/skins/Customer/default/img/logo.png
jbaptiste
Znuny advanced

Post by jbaptiste »

Any suggestions ?
jbaptiste
Znuny advanced

Post by jbaptiste »

I managed to advance a little bit with this.

I did a separate OTRS 6 clean install, then I pointed the database of the migrated system to this new installation. Now the error we have been discussing does not appear in the error_log file, but I still get logged out upon clicking on the "You have undeployed settings, would you like to deploy them? " link, so it seems it is another issue.

Any ideas ?