Notify users with the same customerID

Moderator: crythias

iclaude
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: OTRS 6.0.30

Notify users with the same customerID

Post by iclaude »

Hi,

I have more than 200 Customer IDs (Companies) in OTRS each one referring to a specific branch.
In each branch(Company) the managers(customer user) have different set of permissions for a specific Activity to view and approve (Company ticket option), a Process Ticket is created by a normal customer user of the same branch .

Beside creating more than 200 notifications for each branch, Is there a way to notify the manager of a specific branch without notifying the others?

Regards
OTRS 6
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Notify users with the same customerID

Post by root »

Hi,

Keep the manager's e-mail address in a field of the customer company record and use the DynamicFieldFromCustomerUser feature to copy the data into a dynamic field every time a ticket is created. Use this field <OTRS_TICKET_DynamicField_WhateverTheNameIs> as other recipient in the ticket notification.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
iclaude
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: OTRS 6.0.30

Re: Notify users with the same customerID

Post by iclaude »

root wrote: 03 Aug 2019, 07:23 Hi,

Keep the manager's e-mail address in a field of the customer company record and use the DynamicFieldFromCustomerUser feature to copy the data into a dynamic field every time a ticket is created. Use this field <OTRS_TICKET_DynamicField_WhateverTheNameIs> as other recipient in the ticket notification.

- Roy
Thank you for your answer!

Can you give me a Step by Step on how to do this? I am having a hard time figuring it out even though I have read other threads about this topic.

Regards
OTRS 6