Link CustomerUser to Customer with LDAP

Moderator: crythias

liquidxtc13
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.4.5

Link CustomerUser to Customer with LDAP

Post by liquidxtc13 »

Hi all,

we use LDAP for some of our customers - authentication and usersync. Is there a way to automatically link those customer users to the corresponding customer?
For example: User John smith. His username is john.smith@contoso.com. If I don't manually map the user to the corresponing customer entity (Contoso Ltd.), the user's company will be john.smith@contoso.com.

Is there a way to configure the sync to achieve the automatic mapping of customer users to the corresponding customer? Current configuration ist done by using Config.pm

Cheers!
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Link CustomerUser to Customer with LDAP

Post by root »

Hi,

The setting CustomerID and the mapped field for UserCustomerID are responsible which Customer is referenced.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
liquidxtc13
Znuny newbie

Post by liquidxtc13 »

Hi Roy,

thanks for the info. I was aware about those to field, BUT these fields only refer to LDAP attributes. I have found no way to enter the CustomerID directly. Maybe I'm just missing something?

Cheers!
root
Administrator

Post by root »

Hi,

If you like to change the CustomerID within Znuny and not at the source (LDAP, I would do it there) it's possible to allow an override of the CustomerID in several actions. Just search the System Configuration for CustomerIDReadOnly and change the setting.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

liquidxtc13
Znuny newbie

Post by liquidxtc13 »

Hi Roy,

sorry, I think we might be talking past each other here. So for example I have customer "Contoso", and this customer corresponds the customerID "13" in the database. I know implement the LDAP sync for the customerUsers of the company. I want to be able to write into the Config, that the customerUsers synced through this connection will be mapped to customerID 13.

You see the problem is, that usually an Active Directory does not have an attribute called "OTRS-CustomerID" where I can type the ID in. So there is no attribute in the AD that returns the customerID

I hope this makes my issue a little clearer ;-)
Cheers
root
Administrator

Post by root »

Hi Bjoern,

Got it. Unfortunately, there is no way to set a literal like '13' as the CustomerID.

I see only two options to get this solved:

1. Use an available attribute of the LDAP to store your CustomerID in, like extensionAttribute1. Or extend the schema (yes, this is possible and I have some customers which have done this). Requires the possibility to write to that directory.

2. Patch Kernel/System/CustomerUser/LDAP.pm to fix your issue.

- Roy