Dynamic field - Default Value not updating.

Moderator: crythias

Rhendak
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: Znuny LTS 6.0.36

Dynamic field - Default Value not updating.

Post by Rhendak »

Hello all,

I'm running into an issue with Process management and Dynamic Fields. Thought a process ticket, I'm trying to update a single and same dynamic field, with each step of the process to a different value. However, when setting the default value to a different value in another step, the default value field is being ignored.

Let me walk you through for clarification:

1. User creates ticket and the default value of "DynamicField_Status" is set to Approval.

2. Ticket goes to another queue for approval, when the agent clicks the "Approve" or "Deny" button, a window pops up with a free text field and the "DynamicField_Status" field.

Even though I set the default value in this step to be "Approved" or "Denied" based on which dialog option is selected, the agent still sees the field with standard value "Approval" and as a result, the value is not changed and the ticket does not progress to the next step.

Do you guys have any idea why this is happening and how I can resolve the issue?

Thanks in advance for any help and/or answers.
skullz
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: LTS and Features

Re: Dynamic field - Default Value not updating.

Post by skullz »

1. Because the value already set as Approval by default. By design (or im wrong) OTRS always display its current selected value.

2. However, try to use ACL to hide the 'Approval' value when in Approved / Deny screen.