Different email address

Moderator: crythias

ugob
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0

Different email address

Post by ugob »

Hi,
We used to have a local IMAP server, but now that we are on Exchange Online, we have to pay for each mailbox for OTRS. Is there a way to use one mailbox (that has multiple smtp addresses/aliases) for OTRS? When I tried there was the problem that when someone replied to a message sent to a queue via an alias, the main smtp address was added.

I thought about another solution: create forwards in Exchange Online that sends email to our cPanel hosted email server. OTRS would get the emails VIA IMAP on the cPanel hosted mail server, but would I have problems? Let's say that the real email address is support1@domain1.com, it would be forwarded to support1@domain2.com.
Thanks in advance.
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Different email address

Post by root »

ugob wrote: 01 May 2021, 15:47 Hi,
We used to have a local IMAP server, but now that we are on Exchange Online, we have to pay for each mailbox for OTRS. Is there a way to use one mailbox (that has multiple smtp addresses/aliases) for OTRS? When I tried there was the problem that when someone replied to a message sent to a queue via an alias, the main smtp address was added.

I thought about another solution: create forwards in Exchange Online that sends email to our cPanel hosted email server. OTRS would get the emails VIA IMAP on the cPanel hosted mail server, but would I have problems? Let's say that the real email address is support1@domain1.com, it would be forwarded to support1@domain2.com.
Thanks in advance.
Hi,

Both works. Aliases are fine, just make sure to have them added as a system address. If you're using the forward method I would the forward directly to the OTRS server to prevent fetching.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?