Moving OTRS to a new server, database issues

Moderator: crythias

mluck94
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5s Free

Moving OTRS to a new server, database issues

Post by mluck94 »

Hello, I am hoping to resolve an issue with trying to restore OTRS. We cloned the server from VirtualBox to VMWare, so the server itself is the same. The issue was during the clone it had wrecked the mysql server so I had to re-install that and re-create the database user and OTRS database schema. I have ran backup.pl on the original server and when I run restore.pl on the new server, I am able to log in successfully, however none of the data is showing. My dashboard is blank stating no tickets, and I don't have access to the Admin tab. It is acting like it isn't pulling any of the info from the database, even though I am able to authenticate and log in. Any assistance on this would be appreciated. The server is a Linux LXC container.

Edit: Okay I am able to pull up a ticket by direct URL so the data is there. But my user lost all of its links to what queues has permissions to and admin rights. I can only imagine this happened to all of our users.

Edit2: Phew! Okay I think I got it, I needed to delete cache: otrs.Console.pl Maint::Cache::Delete ... hoping all is well now, going to check some other things but looking okay so far. :D
skullz
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: LTS and Features

Re: Moving OTRS to a new server, database issues

Post by skullz »

1. Make sure all perl module installed or updated
otrs.CheckModules.pl

2. Since you are already solved the issue, i guess not much can be done.

Good luck