Process management - Changing/removing start activity

Moderator: crythias

Rhendak
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: Znuny LTS 6.0.36

Process management - Changing/removing start activity

Post by Rhendak »

Hello All,

I would like to know how I can change/remove the start activity from a process in process management. It's not letting me drag and drop the first arrow. The first activity has a trashbin icon, but when I click on it, it gives me an error stating: "This Activity cannot be deleted because it is the Start Activity."

I don't mind not being able to delete it, but I would like to change the start activity. Otherwise the only solution is considering this specific process to be doomed and never to be used, starting a new one and in doing so defiling the database with unusable processes.

I ran a search on this forum and found this topic, however the suggested solution (drag and drop the first arrow) in this topic is not working for me.
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=27224&p=109396&hil ... ty#p109396

Currently this is my situation:

I would like to change the first transition arrow to the second activity listed.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Process management - Changing/removing start activity

Post by root »

Hi,

There is no way to change the start activity in the GUI. I'm doing this by edit the export and an import afterwards.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
skullz
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: LTS and Features

Post by skullz »

-- deleted wrong topic
reneeb
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: 6.0.x
Company: Perl-Services.de

Post by reneeb »

I would recommend to update (for various (security) reasons) to Znuny. As of OTRS Community Edition 6 (hence it's working in Znuny, too) you can change the start activity.
Perl / Znuny development: http://perl-services.de
Free Znuny add ons from the community: http://opar.perl-services.de
Commercial add ons: http://feature-addons.de
Rhendak
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: Znuny LTS 6.0.36

Post by Rhendak »

reneeb wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 08:30 I would recommend to update (for various (security) reasons) to Znuny. As of OTRS Community Edition 6 (hence it's working in Znuny, too) you can change the start activity.
Thanks, I forwarded this suggestion to my colleague as something we should definitely look in to. How easy would it be to update from OTRS Version: 5.0.3 to Znuny?
zzz
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: All
Company: Efflux GmbH

Post by zzz »

Hey,

That highly depends on how many custom packages you have installed that do not exist for version 6 and how large your DB is.
If you only use publicly available/"default" packages and your database is relatively small, it's a matter of minutes.
That assumes you execute the update steps in the correct order =).

A large database will take some time for all the altering between major versions. A couple of hundred GB can take a few hours (can vary depending on how many resources your machine has).

Get sure to make a backup/snapshot and ideally do a test update if you do it for the first time.

— Emin
Professional OTRS, Znuny & OTOBO services: efflux.de | efflux.de/en/

Free and premium add-ons: German | English