New build suggestions

Moderator: crythias

gob
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.4

New build suggestions

Post by gob »

I'm a long time users of OTRS (c. 15 years now) and my current version 6.x has gone through upgrades since v3 I believe. It is getting long in the tooth and with some big changes within our support structure and the new release of v6.1 I am thinking about building a new Znuny / OTRS server.

I have always run on Centos (currently as an LXC container) and my virtualisation cluster is Proxmox so Debian based. I am more comfortable with Debian but there are no prebuilt packages for Debian. I am guessing that package maintainers are more RPM experienced so even if a Debian package is released it might not be priority over the RH based packages. I would prefer not to have to build from source.
I am leaning towards the Fedora builds due to the recent changes with Centos but they seem to be for Fedora 25/26 but current release is Fedora 34?

So really, I'm looking for suggestions on what to base on that will give me years of long term support or easily upgradable through major versions.

Thanks!!
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: New build suggestions

Post by root »

Hi,

Debian with source is a good choice, no worries. I take the same time to install like an RPM based. The RPMs are just convenient, that's all.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?