Upgrade to 6.1 and GenericTicketConnectorREST

Moderator: crythias

salbanese
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.29

Upgrade to 6.1 and GenericTicketConnectorREST

Post by salbanese »

I've been successfully using the GenericTicketConnectorREST web service for ticket creation. I upgraded to 6.1 and now get an authentication error. I did see the release notes for the new version and read the authentication changed from using variable with username and password to having them in the headers. The manual specifies the new header names but I can't seem to find an example of the new method. Originally, you authenticate in the first call and then using the session id you get you create the new ticket. Does that continue that way or the ticket is sent with the authentication headers in one call? The session id, which is included in the headers now is populated after the first post to the web service?

Any help would greatly be appreciated.
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Upgrade to 6.1 and GenericTicketConnectorREST

Post by root »

Hi,

The HTTP headers are just an alternative type of passing authentication information.
Existing scripts using GenericTicketConnectorREST shouldn't need any adjustments. Please show your request (xxx the credentials please).

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?