Attachment at bottom of an article.

Moderator: crythias

Rhendak
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: Znuny LTS 6.0.36

Attachment at bottom of an article.

Post by Rhendak »

Dear all,

We've recently successfully updated to Znuny LTS 6.0.39.

We're now trying to tweak the system a little bit based on feedback of our users.

Some of our users mention that when an article has an attachment added to it, the attachment is listed at the bottom of the article.
In case the article is a very long e-mail conversation, they have to scroll down quite far to reach the attachment. They mention it would make more sense for them, to see the attachment at the top of the article, below the senders adress, send to and subject.

Is there any way to configure this through the system settings?

Images for clarification of request:

skullz
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: LTS and Features

Re: Attachment at bottom of an article.

Post by skullz »

a simple word search 'attachment display' would get you here:

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=39836&p=161149&hil ... ay#p161149
Rhendak
Znuny newbie

Post by Rhendak »

skullz wrote: 27 Aug 2021, 17:45 a simple word search 'attachment display' would get you here:

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=39836&p=161149&hil ... ay#p161149
Thank you greatly for your swift reply. You've really helped us. We will apply this suggestion immediately.

I wish you a very nice weekend ahead.
Rhendak
Znuny newbie

Post by Rhendak »

One more question regarding this topic:

We've successfully added the javascript in: $OTRSDIR/var/httpd/htdocs/js/thirdparty/attmt/attmt.js as mentioned.

In the linked topic, it is stated that:
To use this JavaScript, in the SysConfig entry Loader::Agent::CommonJS, add a new entry 010-AttachmentDisplay with the content thirdparty/attmt.js.
I'm trying to edit the system configuration to add in the step mentioned above, however after Loader::Agent::CommonJS we have a bunch of options.

Also the system configuration does not allow to add a new entry with content. So we tried adding thirdparty/attmt/attmt.js to Loader::Agent::CommonJS###000-Framework but this does not seem to work.
skullz
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: LTS and Features

Post by skullz »

1. Try at Loader::Module::AgentTicketZoom###002-Ticket

2. Make sure this attmt.js has a correct file permission
Rhendak
Znuny newbie

Post by Rhendak »

skullz wrote: 30 Aug 2021, 09:53 1. Try at Loader::Module::AgentTicketZoom###002-Ticket

2. Make sure this attmt.js has a correct file permission
Thanks for your reply.

I've added the setting as you mentioned to Loader::Module::AgentTicketZoom###002-Ticket

I've also deployed this setting.

We've check the rights, which are also set correctly. However, the attachment is still at the bottom.
reneeb
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: 6.0.x
Company: Perl-Services.de

Post by reneeb »

Did you delete the Cache? -> perl bin/otrs.Console.pl Maint::Loader::CacheCleanup

Did you check the JavaScript console in your browser? -> F12
Are there any errors?

Can you (temporarily) disable the Loader::Enabled::JS setting? Check the functionality...
Perl / Znuny development: http://perl-services.de
Free Znuny add ons from the community: http://opar.perl-services.de
Commercial add ons: http://feature-addons.de
Rhendak
Znuny newbie

Post by Rhendak »

I assume it was a cache issue. It has been fixed now.

Thank you kindly for all of your help.
timberland66666
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.4

Post by timberland66666 »

I have still problems with this setting. We have done all what was written here before.
I changed both things what skullz mentioned, Loader::Module::AgentTicketZoom###002-Ticket and the file permission.
The strange thing is, after I changed that setting, it worked for that day without cleaning the cache. But on the next day the attachments were at the bottom again.
Also strange, a few days later it shows suddenly the attachment on top! BUT, this appears only when we open an existing article/ticket. So opening the article/ticket the attachment shows up at the top, but after clicking on another mail with a different attachment inside that same ticket, shows the attachment again at the bottom. Also clicking back to the entry where the attachment were on the top, it is again at the bottom of the ticket.
Cleaning of the cache is useless.

I hope i have explained the problem clearly enough :-)

What about the post from sseidel (Topic: OTRS 6: Move attachment display above article)?
"To use this JavaScript, in the SysConfig entry Loader::Agent::CommonJS, add a new entry 010-AttachmentDisplay with the content thirdparty/attmt.js."
As somebody has mentiond, it's not possible to create a new entry 010-AttachmentDisplay with the content thirdparty/attmt.js.

Maybe somebody can help me with this. I can also post some pics of the problem, if necessary.

We're using Znuny v6.4 in a "standard" installation with newest Ubuntu Version installed.