Moderator: crythias

stef1983
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.2.5
Company: Ounet

Migration on new server - Emails received but cannot create tickets

Post by stef1983 »

Hello,

i need help with a problem about a migration of my OTRS (version 3.2.5 on Sles 11.4) from a machine to another. I copied /opt/otrs folder exported/imported db with msqldump and copied configuration files of mysql and postfix. AFAIK now the only difference from the two servers is the IP address. Now i can correctly access web interface and see my old tickets but there's a problem because emails received in new server doesn't generate new tickets: in mail log i see they're delivered but nothing happens. Is there something i miss? Another config I should replicate? Any log i can check to clear the issue?

Thanks
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Re: Migration on new server - Emails received but cannot create tickets

Post by jojo »

procmail is missing. ut you should not operate such old versions if you want set the whole data and system into danger due to loads of known remote exploiteable vulnerabilities
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com
stef1983
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.2.5
Company: Ounet

Post by stef1983 »

Thanks for your reply. I know this is a very old version but unfortunately my boss just want to migrate to a new machine...Anyway, i checked and the .procmailrc file has been copied from the old server to the new one. Do you have any advice about other things I can check?
hkais
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: see in post

Post by hkais »

stef1983 wrote: 21 Sep 2021, 17:49 Thanks for your reply. I know this is a very old version but unfortunately my boss just want to migrate to a new machine...Anyway, i checked and the .procmailrc file has been copied from the old server to the new one. Do you have any advice about other things I can check?
you should urgently upgrade to latest version!

check for the cron, sounds to me that the cron is not fetching the mails.
Also check if the mails are still on the mailserver. And finally check if you can send e-mails from otrs. If not you have an general issue with you mail configuration. Especially if you are using so old systems, I assume that the mail config is not compatible anymore to the latest OS
Elected 2022-06 as an IT Governance Portal Expert. The portal for Znuny, OTRS and OTOBO users