Broken package after upgrade

Moderator: crythias

gob
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.4

Broken package after upgrade

Post by gob »

Hi

I just run the upgrade from 6.2.2 to 6.3.1 on a new install that I am preparing. I was sure it was a clean install with no additional packages but after running the upgrade I am presented with an "Internal Server Error" in the web interface after signing in.
In the logs I am seeing:

Code: Select all

OTRS-otrs.Daemon.pl - Daemon Kernel::System::Daemon::DaemonModules::SchedulerGenericAgentTaskManager-78[548]: [Error][Kernel::System::DynamicField::Backend::new][Line:86]: Can't load dynamic field backend module for field type MasterSlave!
I'm guessing by this that I had actually installed the Master / Slave package.
Is there a way to disable / remove the package from the command line so that I can get back into my gui - assuming that is the reason for the error?

Thanks
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Broken package after upgrade

Post by root »

Hi,

The issue is not a package what is installed, it's at least one dynamic field where the used backend was installed via a package: MasterSlave.
Do you use this package or was it just installed?

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
gob
Znuny newbie

Post by gob »

Thanks for your reply Roy

As this is a new installation and not currently yet in production (just days of configuration made) neither dynamic fields or Master/Slave functionality have been used.
I may have installed Master/slave to try out on a test ticket but it can be removed completely at this stage.
root
Administrator

Post by root »

Hi,

This is the root cause. The package does not removed the dynamic field which was created during the addon installation . You need to remove it manualy:

via mysql client:
# delete all existing values

DELETE FROM dynamic_field_value WHERE field_id=(SELECT id FROM dynamic_field WHERE field_type ='MasterSlave');
# Delete dynamic field

DELETE from dynamic_field where field_type ='MasterSlave';
via shell as otrs user

bin/otrs.Console.pl Maint::Cache::Delete

This should be the sufficient.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

gob
Znuny newbie

Post by gob »

I deleted those table entries and cleared the cache but still getting the same on the web GUI.
Here is a more detailed list of errors in the syslog, still referencing master/slave and also the FAQ module:

Mar 11 17:38:10 otrs-znuny OTRS-CGI-78[416]: [Error][Kernel::System::Web::InterfaceAgent::Run][Line:1094]: Can't locate Kernel/Modules/AgentPreMasterSlave.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Kernel::Modules::AgentPreMasterSlave module) (@INC contains: /usr/Custom /usr/Kernel/cpan-lib /usr /usr/sbin/../../Custom /usr/sbin/../../Kernel/cpan-lib /usr/sbin/../.. /opt/otrs/Custom /opt/otrs/Kernel/cpan-lib /opt/otrs/ /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.28.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.28.1 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.28 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.28 /usr/share/perl/5.28 /usr/local/lib/site_perl /etc/apache2) at /opt/otrs/Kernel/System/Main.pm line 86.
Mar 11 17:38:10 otrs-znuny OTRS-CGI-78[416]: [Error][Kernel::System::Stats::GetObjectBehaviours][Line:1130]: Can't locate Kernel/System/Stats/Static/FAQAccess.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Kernel::System::Stats::Static::FAQAccess module) (@INC contains: /usr/Custom /usr/Kernel/cpan-lib /usr /usr/sbin/../../Custom /usr/sbin/../../Kernel/cpan-lib /usr/sbin/../.. /opt/otrs/Custom /opt/otrs/Kernel/cpan-lib /opt/otrs/ /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.28.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.28.1 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.28 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.28 /usr/share/perl/5.28 /usr/local/lib/site_perl /etc/apache2) at /opt/otrs/Kernel/System/Main.pm line 86.
Mar 11 17:38:10 otrs-znuny OTRS-CGI-78[416]: [Error][Kernel::System::DynamicField::Backend::new][Line:85]: Can't locate Kernel/System/DynamicField/Driver/MasterSlave.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Kernel::System::DynamicField::Driver::MasterSlave module) (@INC contains: /usr/Custom /usr/Kernel/cpan-lib /usr /usr/sbin/../../Custom /usr/sbin/../../Kernel/cpan-lib /usr/sbin/../.. /opt/otrs/Custom /opt/otrs/Kernel/cpan-lib /opt/otrs/ /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.28.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.28.1 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.28 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.28 /usr/share/perl/5.28 /usr/local/lib/site_perl /etc/apache2) at /opt/otrs/Kernel/System/Main.pm line 86.
Mar 11 17:38:10 otrs-znuny OTRS-CGI-78[416]: [Error][Kernel::System::DynamicField::Backend::new][Line:86]: Can't load dynamic field backend module for field type MasterSlave!
Mar 11 17:38:10 otrs-znuny OTRS-CGI-78[416]: [Error][Kernel::System::ObjectManager::_DieWithError][Line:628]: The constructor of Kernel::System::DynamicField::Backend returned undef.
Mar 11 17:38:16 otrs-znuny OTRS-CGI-78[417]: [Error][Kernel::System::Web::InterfaceAgent::Run][Line:1094]: Can't locate Kernel/Modules/AgentPreMasterSlave.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Kernel::Modules::AgentPreMasterSlave module) (@INC contains: /usr/Custom /usr/Kernel/cpan-lib /usr /usr/sbin/../../Custom /usr/sbin/../../Kernel/cpan-lib /usr/sbin/../.. /opt/otrs/Custom /opt/otrs/Kernel/cpan-lib /opt/otrs/ /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.28.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.28.1 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.28 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.28 /usr/share/perl/5.28 /usr/local/lib/site_perl /etc/apache2) at /opt/otrs/Kernel/System/Main.pm line 86.
Mar 11 17:38:17 otrs-znuny OTRS-CGI-78[417]: [Error][Kernel::System::Stats::GetObjectBehaviours][Line:1130]: Can't locate Kernel/System/Stats/Static/FAQAccess.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Kernel::System::Stats::Static::FAQAccess module) (@INC contains: /usr/Custom /usr/Kernel/cpan-lib /usr /usr/sbin/../../Custom /usr/sbin/../../Kernel/cpan-lib /usr/sbin/../.. /opt/otrs/Custom /opt/otrs/Kernel/cpan-lib /opt/otrs/ /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.28.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.28.1 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.28 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.28 /usr/share/perl/5.28 /usr/local/lib/site_perl /etc/apache2) at /opt/otrs/Kernel/System/Main.pm line 86.
Mar 11 17:38:17 otrs-znuny OTRS-CGI-78[417]: [Error][Kernel::System::DynamicField::Backend::new][Line:85]: Can't locate Kernel/System/DynamicField/Driver/MasterSlave.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Kernel::System::DynamicField::Driver::MasterSlave module) (@INC contains: /usr/Custom /usr/Kernel/cpan-lib /usr /usr/sbin/../../Custom /usr/sbin/../../Kernel/cpan-lib /usr/sbin/../.. /opt/otrs/Custom /opt/otrs/Kernel/cpan-lib /opt/otrs/ /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.28.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.28.1 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.28 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.28 /usr/share/perl/5.28 /usr/local/lib/site_perl /etc/apache2) at /opt/otrs/Kernel/System/Main.pm line 86.
Mar 11 17:38:17 otrs-znuny OTRS-CGI-78[417]: [Error][Kernel::System::DynamicField::Backend::new][Line:86]: Can't load dynamic field backend module for field type MasterSlave!
Mar 11 17:38:17 otrs-znuny OTRS-CGI-78[417]: [Error][Kernel::System::ObjectManager::_DieWithError][Line:628]: The constructor of Kernel::System::DynamicField::Backend returned undef.
root
Administrator

Post by root »

Hi,

Please execute bin/otrs.Console.pl Maint::Config::Rebuild --cleanup and restart the web server.

- Roy

gob
Znuny newbie

Post by gob »

That's great - thank you Roy.
I'm back in now!!
gob
Znuny newbie

Post by gob »

Following up on this,
I removed the FAQ and Master/Slave packages from the GUI thinking I could re-install them at a later date.
Now however I keep receiving the following email notification from my Znuny server:

ERROR: OTRS-otrs.Console.pl-Maint::Stats::Dashboard::Generate-78 Perl: 5.28.1 OS: linux Time: Sun Mar 13 13:05:15 2022

Message: Can't locate Kernel/System/Stats/Static/FAQAccess.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Kernel::System::Stats::Static::FAQAccess module) (@INC contains: /opt/znuny-6.3.1/Custom /opt/znuny-6.3.1/Kernel/cpan-lib /opt/znuny-6.3.1 /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.28.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.28.1 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.28 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.28 /usr/share/perl/5.28 /usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base) at /opt/znuny-6.3.1/Kernel/System/Main.pm line 86.
So it seems there are still some hooks to those packages in my system.
If I update the package repositories within Znuny there are no packages to show. I guess they have not yet been updated to work beyond version 6.2.2?
FAQ is a crucial part of our workflow so I wonder can I install the FAQ 6.2.2 version?

Thanks
root
Administrator

Post by root »

Hi,
gob wrote: 13 Mar 2022, 15:23
Now however I keep receiving the following email notification from my Znuny server:

ERROR: OTRS-otrs.Console.pl-Maint::Stats::Dashboard::Generate-78 Perl: 5.28.1 OS: linux Time: Sun Mar 13 13:05:15 2022

Message: Can't locate Kernel/System/Stats/Static/FAQAccess.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Kernel::System::Stats::Static::FAQAccess module) (@INC contains: /opt/znuny-6.3.1/Custom /opt/znuny-6.3.1/Kernel/cpan-lib /opt/znuny-6.3.1 /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.28.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.28.1 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.28 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.28 /usr/share/perl/5.28 /usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base) at /opt/znuny-6.3.1/Kernel/System/Main.pm line 86.
So it seems there are still some hooks to those packages in my system.
There should be a FAQ related report using a module from the uninstalled FAQ. This causes the message. Deleting this report should fix this.

gob wrote: 13 Mar 2022, 15:23 If I update the package repositories within Znuny there are no packages to show. I guess they have not yet been updated to work beyond version 6.2.2?
FAQ is a crucial part of our workflow so I wonder can I install the FAQ 6.2.2 version?
The package are still work in progress and will be available asap.

- Roy