Moderator: crythias

JohnyGuardian
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.12
Company: MicroStep

Attachment management OTRS 6

Post by JohnyGuardian »

Hi guys,

at our company we are using OTRS 6.0.12. I am wondering if there are any better methods for managing attachments which are stored at article level in a ticket?

1 - Currently, when there are multiple articles inside a ticket that have attachments, these achievements are stored at an article level, that means that one must open specific article to access those attachments. If ticket has many (say 150) articles, its hard to find specific attachment amongst so many articles. Is it somehow possible to see all attachments available, once agent is in AgentTicketZoom screen?

2 - Also, problem with current attachment management is that once the agent locates the article with attachment, it is not possible to download all attachments at once, they must be downloaded separately.

3 - Can an agent add an attachment to the ticket, not to the specific article? So that it can be reached from AgentTicketZoom?

If these improvements cannot be done in native OTRS, are there any free/paid modules that can ease work with attachments?

Thanks
Johannes
Znuny Version: All of them ^^
Company: Znuny|OTTERHUB

Re: Attachment management OTRS 6

Post by Johannes »

Hi,

I think: https://opar.perl-services.de/package/R ... ttachments
is mostly what you are looking for.

- Download all attachments at once
- Get an overview

regards
JohnyGuardian
Znuny newbie

Post by JohnyGuardian »

Thank you very much for such a fast reply, it is appreciated. This package seems useful we will give it a try!

I also have a follow-up question. Is it possible with mentioned package (or maybe some other packages) to somehow highlight some of the attachments and link them in different part of TicketZoom? For example, inside the AgentTicketFreeText, we have a text box for writing some ticket-level notes. See picture attached. Could we somehow link/highlight some of the attachments here, as marked on picture?

Thanks again
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
reneeb
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: 6.0.x
Company: Perl-Services.de

Post by reneeb »

Im currently working on a dynamic field backend that should fit your needs. I think I can finish that addon next week...
Perl / Znuny development: http://perl-services.de
Free Znuny add ons from the community: http://opar.perl-services.de
Commercial add ons: http://feature-addons.de
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Something like this?

This is from a commercial Znuny addon (AdvancedAttachments)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JohnyGuardian
Znuny newbie

Post by JohnyGuardian »

Dear reneeb, thank you, looking forward to more information once it will be ready.
JohnyGuardian
Znuny newbie

Post by JohnyGuardian »

Dear Johannes,

thanks again. This also seems interesting. I have few more question, i will number them according to picture in attachment
AgentTicketFreeFields2.PNG

1 - I suppose, that here is a list of all attachments available from all articles in the specific ticket?
2 - Which screen is this? And this feature is available to which screens, I presume AgentTicketCompose, AgentTicketForward? Is is also available to AgentTicketFreeText - because here we are storing some ticket level notes (without creating new article)
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Hi,

1) This is a complete list of all article attachments. Correct. Duplicates are removed
2) This is ATCompose. It is available where attachments are available. So basically everywhere where the article field is available.
I would not see a uses-case for internal notes / updates here. The list is complete in all views.
Maybe I just don't see use-case and you can explain what the goal is to have them in ATFreetext (without the note) and in ATZoom.

We just wanted to have access to every attachment and have the possibility to select attachments in a reply / forward message.
JohnyGuardian
Znuny newbie

Post by JohnyGuardian »

Hi,

a bit more about the use case:

We have some tickets that have many articles, say 150, and are open/pending for cca 3-4 months, it happens when some agenda takes too much time and information. In our industry segment, repairs of some components takes more then 2-3 months (optical cutting systems) and thus tickets are open/pending for long time. And thus when we want to make a short summary of what happened so far, and what is yet to be done, we need some field which is not static, i.e. not article, to write and periodically change this summary . Articles are not best solution for this, since once created, you cannot change article. Thus we are using these text fields in ATFreeText (also displayed in TicketI nformation). See picture:
ATFreeText.PNG
Also, sometimes these tickets have many attachments in many articles. And when there are 150+ articles, you can imagine difficulties of finding the specific one... and thus, we need some system: to easily show us all attachments, provide us some way of easily downloading several or all atachments (from specific article, or from all articles). And also to have the possibility to add some attachment to the ATFreeText, next to our notes, as a way of highlighting them to be more easily accessible.
Use-case: We receive a component for repair, there may be attached many picture of the damages. Some of the attachments might be more important, ie. last price offer for repair, confirmed order, report from the repair. If whole tickets has 30 attached files (pictures, orders), we want to highlight just some of them, in a specific part of ticket (ie. ATFreeText), for example, attach here, or highlight just report from reapir and confirmed price offer.
AgentTicketFreeFields.png
I hope its more clear now.

Sorry for longer post :D