Best practice for status pending state on reply

Moderator: crythias

hkais
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: see in post

Best practice for status pending state on reply

Post by hkais »

Hi there,

are there any best practices to determine "waiting for reply" pending state after sending a message?
Right now our default workflow is to
- send a e-mail and if it is done we set status close with the sending
- If it is not set to closed, to set the tickets by default to pending state after sending

This could be done either by setting in the reply dialog a default (right now "open") to pending reminder or by setting a GA to do this.
In the later case: how to identify clearly the only sent messages?
Maybe I am blind and do not see the forest for the trees.
Elected 2022-06 as an IT Governance Portal Expert. The portal for Znuny, OTRS and OTOBO users
wurzel
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: x.x.x

Re: Best practice for status pending state on reply

Post by wurzel »

Hi,

there is no best practise. You have to do it, that it fits to your needs.

For me, there is no difference in pending or close if you (the servicedesk) has no todo. In any case the ticket will be re-opened after an reply.

If you have a todo, even waiting for a customer reply, you set it to pending as you can see your target date.

It is different if you reject replies on closed tickets. In that case the pending auto close might come into account.

On my system I use pending customer reply as default in reply and outgoing phone call. On other actions
it is different.

Using GA to set states - I would not do it unless it is absolutly mandatory.
can you specify this question?

regards
Florian
OTRS 8 SILVER (Prod)
OTRS 8 auf Debian 11 (Test)
Znuny 7.x latest version testing auf Debian 11

-- Ich beantworte keine Forums-Fragen PN - No PN please

I won't answer to unfriendly users any more. A greeting and regards are just polite.
hkais
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: see in post

Re: Best practice for status pending state on reply

Post by hkais »

wurzel wrote: 16 Mar 2022, 08:45 there is no best practise. You have to do it, that it fits to your needs.

For me, there is no difference in pending or close if you (the servicedesk) has no todo. In any case the ticket will be re-opened after an reply.

If you have a todo, even waiting for a customer reply, you set it to pending as you can see your target date.
The todos are the issue. So clients sometime do not answer queries. And you can assume who are the bad guys if they issue which arrises from the open queries have not done (even not having got the answers).
So we do not close tickets until they are really done. Or the client gets a final notice that he needs to answer either we are unable to help.
wurzel wrote: 16 Mar 2022, 08:45 On my system I use pending customer reply as default in reply and outgoing phone call. On other actions
it is different.

Using GA to set states - I would not do it unless it is absolutly mandatory.
If there would be an option to modify the next state in the AgentTicketCompose / Compose Answer dialog to be pending reminder instead of open it would already soften the problem. To solve it I would need a GA to handle it.
So is there any configuration option to change the default from open => to => pending reminder?
wurzel wrote: 16 Mar 2022, 08:45
can you specify this question?
I would like to have a query way in GA (e.g. based on Events) to ensure that I am grabbing only freshly composed tickets or ticket-answers.
But I am not sure how to solve it.
Starting already from the Event, which is not clear to me, which I shall use. Now the next criteria is also unclear. Shall it be
state = New, open, ...?
any time based restrictions?
Elected 2022-06 as an IT Governance Portal Expert. The portal for Znuny, OTRS and OTOBO users