Moderator: crythias

lis9
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.5.4
Company: Komputronik S.A.

[SOLVED] Dashboard is very slow

Post by lis9 »

Hello!

My system is large. I have circa 10 million articles, past 7 million tickets, +100k new tickets every month, 20 million of dynamic field values. I try to keep it as tidy as possible, and have ca 100k open tickets, other tickets are archived.
Sice last year dashboard just started to load very slow (20-60s). I have checked cache settings, swap, e.t.c, even turned on system performance log - only AgentDashboard function show delays.
Can anybody suggest what should I check next?
Last edited by lis9 on 22 Sep 2022, 15:02, edited 1 time in total.
shawnbeasley
Znuny Employee
Znuny Version: Znuny 6.3.x
Company: Znuny

Re: Dashboard is very slow

Post by shawnbeasley »

You should try to reduce the number of open tickets. 100K is really a lot; if they are really in an open, pending, pending-auto state type. If all else fails and performance tuning like putting cache in RAM Disk doesn't help, you should avoid the dashboard completely and use other views like service and queue view. Each time an agent accesses the dashboard, you are doing a filtered search per dashboard module per user.

I would start at making sure that your cache is in RAM disk, that you are preloading the database connection in apcahe2-perl-startup.pl, and getting as many tickets closed as possible.
hkais
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: see in post

Post by hkais »

lis9 wrote: 29 Mar 2022, 00:14 My system is large. I have circa 10 million articles, past 7 million tickets, +100k new tickets every month, 20 million of dynamic field values. I try to keep it as tidy as possible, and have ca 100k open tickets, other tickets are archived.
Sice last year dashboard just started to load very slow (20-60s). I have checked cache settings, swap, e.t.c, even turned on system performance log - only AgentDashboard function show delays.
Can anybody suggest what should I check next?
did you manage the performance issues?
If so could you share how?
if not, can you share more of your enviornment?
what DB? (vendor+version)?
How many agents?
How many tickets do the agents see in the dashboard counters?
what did you change last year? A version upgrade?

Can confirm also from my side, that the performance of Znuny dropped significantly from OTRS 5 to Znuny 6.0.39. Not sure about your env.
Elected 2022-06 as an IT Governance Portal Expert. The portal for Znuny, OTRS and OTOBO users
lis9
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.5.4
Company: Komputronik S.A.

Post by lis9 »

Yes, the situation is now stable :D
1) I have to make a review of open tickets. The most important thing was to have below 8000 open tickets at any time.
2) Schedule Generic Agents to remove (delete) closed und not needed anymore tickets
3) Installed junk filter to move unwanted emails to junk and then delete it.

This was enough.

Centos+Mariadb, above 140 concurrent agents, version now is 6.0.40, but I make experiments to upgrade to 6.4.x or at last 6.3.x

Daniel Lisiecki