TimeUnit update in Process?

Post by disciple »

I am not being able to increment the TimeUnit in a transitionAction

I thought it would be done with:

TransitionActionType: DynamicFieldIncrement

Code: Select all

Key: TimeUnit    /    Value: 1
Key: Value       /    Value: 25
But the TimeUnit is not getting incremented.
What happens, is that the TimeUnit on the left hand side is displaying and showing 0
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: TimeUnit update in Process?

Post by root »

Hi,

TimeUnit is a dynamic field?

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
disciple
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.4.2

Post by disciple »

if not, how can use a add-operation in a transition action for the TimeUnit?
Or do you suggest a better automated way?
Johannes
Znuny Version: All of them ^^
Company: Znuny|OTTERHUB

Post by Johannes »

is it, or is it not.
Please just answer Roots question first.
It makes a difference and we would need to know
disciple
Znuny newbie

Post by disciple »

sorry did not get it as a clear question.
It read to me like a ironic question

TimeUnit was intended to be the Accounted Time value, which is by default available to znuny. So probably ?not? a dynamic/custom field
root
Administrator

Post by root »

disciple wrote: 25 Aug 2022, 16:48 sorry did not get it as a clear question.

TimeUnit was intended to be the Accounted Time value, which is by default available to znuny. So probably ?not? a dynamic/custom field
Really, just another real question: Do you expect that the Accounted Time value changes with a transition action named DynamicFieldIncrement?

I strongly recommend attending one of the available trainings. There are enough companies available offering such a service.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

disciple
Znuny newbie

Post by disciple »

root wrote: 25 Aug 2022, 17:07
disciple wrote: 25 Aug 2022, 16:48 sorry did not get it as a clear question.

Really, just another real question: Do you expect that the Accounted Time value changes with a transition action named DynamicFieldIncrement?

I strongly recommend attending one of the available trainings. There are enough companies available offering such a service.

- Roy
I have checked the documentation and I am willing to learn. If I am on the wrong track you can help or you can skip. But I, probably others too, do not feel well about persons, who have the knowledge and spent time in letting others feel bad by explaining "you are so stupid go learn first and come back"
This is your underlying message.

Thank you for your insights that I am on the totally wrong track. Maybe someone is around who is willing to share what I missed in the docs or what direction I should take a look.
hkais
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: see in post

Post by hkais »

@disciple

do not take him too serious

Either he is hiding behind the flat screen, or weary about answering over and over the same question, or pushing you into his business consultancy, or simply it is a IT guy, who has some lack of empathy to starters ;-)
But anyway he is often here helping others. So take him or leave him ;-)

I know that a public documentation is about to get done for how to setup well processes for businesses. This will get public available soon. So you have only ask google or ping me in about 4-6 weeks. I probably will not be allowed to share the link here since it is getting published on an external page.
Elected 2022-06 as an IT Governance Portal Expert. The portal for Znuny, OTRS and OTOBO users
root
Administrator

Post by root »

hkais wrote: 26 Aug 2022, 11:16 Either he is hiding behind the flat screen, or weary about answering over and over the same question, or pushing you into his business consultancy, or simply it is a IT guy, who has some lack of empathy to starters ;-)
Neither the one nor the other. It might be only hard to understand why a simple question based on just four word "TimeUnit is a dynamic field?" can't be answered. And if I would like to push everyone into business consulting I wouldn't answer so many questions. Not answering to questions or ignoring tips is nothing more than wasting other persons time.

- Roy

Johannes
Znuny Version: All of them ^^
Company: Znuny|OTTERHUB

Post by Johannes »

hkais wrote: 26 Aug 2022, 11:16 @disciple

do not take him too serious

Either he is hiding behind the flat screen, or weary about answering over and over the same question, or pushing you into his business consultancy, or simply it is a IT guy, who has some lack of empathy to starters ;-)
But anyway he is often here helping others. So take him or leave him ;-)

I know that a public documentation is about to get done for how to setup well processes for businesses. This will get public available soon. So you have only ask google or ping me in about 4-6 weeks. I probably will not be allowed to share the link here since it is getting published on an external page.
Sorry, are you aware what you are implying? Root and many others, put so much (free)time in helping others, keep the forum running, the online repo, git issues and pr's and all the other stuff.
And you seriously have the nerve to accuse him of "forcing people into paid counseling". Even when he not even mentions his own company but leaves the space open for all the others who can freely use the software and infrastructure and offer there services. Even for you own company.

He has asked a simple question. Really simple. And "I don't know, I'm using the default time units" had been a valid answer.
@disciple has opened at least 6 new posts asking mostly basic questions in one single day. Just by the way: Have all been answered|replied.
So he has every right to recommend training to a user if he notices that it is getting a bit out of hand. The software is free, the docs are free, the community help is free. Not much to ask in a professional environment, to visit a small training or buy a book for some bucks.

Might sound rough, but please keep in mind that we do this in our spare time, for free, for every one who has questions in this forum. And it is flat text, without any emotional context. That his question might be ironic, was you choice. Not his.
Which is a classical forum issue, since forums exist.
Thats why we offer a free chat room on discord. We never have such problems there.
(With the downside it is "live" and not searchable afterwards.)

Also not every use case, one might have, can be covered (here and in the docs) and we can't guess everything.
So we need answers on our questions: as simple as that. I hope this helps with understanding.
We do this because we love what we do and we know what we are doing. Not to bully some new users. If we would like to do this you had noticed it after the first post.

Back to the topic and your question.
Right now there is no transition action to update the TimeUnits.
If you create a new article you can update them, via ArticleCreate TransitionAction or via a "GUI Article in a dialog".
Thats one reason one might use DynamicFields to count TimeUnits.
We have this functionality as an extension, but it has not made it's way into the standard. Technically it also just creates an article with defaults. So you could just use ArticleCreate.
Due to the fact that time units are bound to articles, you might want to enable the time units for article fields or switch to a DynamicField (Type Text, Object Ticket) and count your time there.

Have a good weekend
Johannes