fulltext search incomplete results

Moderator: crythias

mmjlz
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.4.3

fulltext search incomplete results

Post by mmjlz »

Hi guys,

I encounter some problems with the search and I don't know how to solve them, so I'm kindly asking for your help and suggestions
We have a bunch of email tickets, and when using the fulltext search to search for single words withing the email body, the results are incomplete.
For example, two tickets (ticket#1 and #2) contain the word "word1", one ticket#2 additionally contains "word2".
Searching for "word1" brings up ticket1, but ticket2 isn't displayed in the results.
Searching for "word2" brings up ticket2, which is the correct result.

I already rebuilt the search index, and the status shows all articles are indexed.
I dont have further ideas on how to solve this problem. It's really annoying for our agents because they need to search through the tickets for bug check codes and stack traces, without a working search this is really painful/almost impossible.

Maybe somebody can help me?
Johannes
Znuny Version: All of them ^^
Company: Znuny|OTTERHUB

Re: fulltext search incomplete results

Post by Johannes »

Hi,

the article are not actually fully index. Some words are stripped.
Two option: if you use the DB Backend for search fulltext search you can Query the table "article_search_index"
with your ticket and your article id and check if the word you are searching for is index or not.

If not, you can enable the full index using the Sysconfig setting: Ticket::SearchIndex::ForceUnfilteredStorage .

If it is indexed correctly, we need to dig deeper.

regards
mmjlz
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.4.3

Re: fulltext search incomplete results

Post by mmjlz »

Hi Johannes,

thanks for pointing this out. After changing the suggested setting, I can see the full mail indexed in the DB :D
Have a nice day