So, this is embarrassing...

Moderator: crythias

PepijnBplusC
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.x
Company: BplusC

So, this is embarrassing...

Post by PepijnBplusC »

tl;dr we're using OTRS 5.X and basic auth no longer works. How do we get things working again?

===

I work for the public library of the city of Leiden, Netherlands. Im one of the two admins for all our servers, including OTRS, which our department (= 2 people) use for tickets, as well as the facilities department, who are now not amused they cant properly process incoming reqs.

Because we're smalltimers we've left OTRS alone for years. If it aint broke, dont fix it. So we're still on version 5 and ive ignored the long list of dashboard messages telling us to update. And of course since Oct 1st we can no longer scrape the O365 mailboxes we had been using.

Question is: what can we do? My colleague tried to update OTRS according to this video -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmyoVXkkaoM, but we got different results (bunch of errors) and we've now successfully killed our OTRS. We're getting a backup reinstated, but that just puts us back at square one.

How should we proceed? Install the latest Znuny and try to connect our existing sql database? Or should we try to see how far we get via the standard upgrade route?

Usually we get by with googling things but in the past hour I've learned that there's all sorts of forks and end of life stuff and it's not clear to me what the most sensible option is right now.
wurzel
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: x.x.x

Re: So, this is embarrassing...

Post by wurzel »

Hi,

the easy way: get professional help
There are several companies providing support.

Second option use the forum or google. Learn to operate your system.

Update to latest patch level.

Read the forum about changing to up to date mailings

the information is there

But: to get help here in the forum we need more input about your system environment and steps you performed.

By the way, old 5 versions also support smtp mailings with local mx server, procmail etc.

Ah another by the way:
and embarrasing is, that you use old software since years in a public sector. You are lucky no one ever complained about GDPR compliance.

Regards
Flo
OTRS 8 SILVER (Prod)
OTRS 8 auf Debian 11 (Test)
Znuny 7.x latest version testing auf Debian 11

-- Ich beantworte keine Forums-Fragen PN - No PN please

I won't answer to unfriendly users any more. A greeting and regards are just polite.
skullz
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: LTS and Features

Re: So, this is embarrassing...

Post by skullz »

You can reenable it back for temporary untill December 2022..

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/ ... -p/3609437

Untill then, start testing your upgrade if you keen to do yourself..good luck